Chapter 10 - Transform

'You have permission to change, to shapeshift. You do not have to stick to things that no longer serve you. Life is too short to stick to things for the wrong reasons.'

Sore. God, I felt so sore. I never thought that losing my virginity would hurt so much. My legs were throbbing, my hips were aching and had slight bruises from where Paul's hands were. Lucky for us though, Emily and Sam were out while Paul and I completed our bond. And Jared had left to see his imprint Kim, so nobody knew what we had gotten up to last night. "How do you feel?" Paul asked as he wrapped his arm tightly around my waist, "I hurt" I answered "I'm sorry" Paul apologised as he placed a gentle kiss on my cheek. "You don't need to apologise, Paul" I said as I looked over my shoulder at him, and I could see the guilt in his eyes. "I feel bad for hurting you" Paul said and I rolled over onto my other side to face him, "you didn't hurt me that bad. Besides, I'll heal. I'll be fine in a day or so" I assured and Paul nodded. "Well, now that I'm awake. I'm going to have a shower" I grinned as I pushed back the blankets and rolled out of bed, thankfully I was wearing one of Paul's shirts and it was long enough to almost reach the top of my knees. "Want me to join you?" Paul asked with a smirk playing on his lips, "hmm, maybe next time" I answered as I walked over to my wardrobe.

"Okay. Well, I'm gonna head home and shower. I'll be back soon" Paul said as he too got out of my bed and pulled on his shorts, "okay" I said as I felt him wrap his arms around my waist and kiss my neck. "I love you" he mumbled against my skin "I love you too. Now, get out of here" I giggled causing him to laugh, "bye" he called before jumping out my window and I just shook my head. Werewolves. Since it was heading towards winter and it was rather cool today, I decided to wear a pair of black skinny jeans with holes in the knees, a black long sleeve t-shirt, an olive green jumper with holes down the arms and a pair of black vans. I wasn't overly keen on this outfit, but since I was only going to be spending the day at home what's the point in wearing an outfit I love. I then grabbed a black silk bra from the chest of draws with a matching pair of panties, before heading into the bathroom to do my usual routine.

Once I was done in the bathroom I decided to put my hair up in a fishtail braid, before heading down stairs for breakfast. As soon as I took my last step off the stairs both Sam and Jared's heads snapped in my direction, making me raise an eyebrow. "Good morning" I said as I walked towards the dining table, where Emily was placing down plates of toast and bacon. "Good morning, Daisy. How did you sleep?" Emily as I sat down at the table, "yeah, I slept pretty good" I answered and she nodded just as Paul entered the house. "Hi" Paul smiled as he pecked my lips and sat beside me "hi" I grinned as he placed his large warm hand on my thigh. "Paul, what have you done?" Sam asked, finally speaking since I came down stairs. "What do you mean?" Paul questioned "don't give me that bullshit, Paul. You know what I'm talking about" Sam snapped and Emily gently placed a hand on her imprints shoulder. "Did you mark her?" Jared asked looking between Paul and I with worry, "it was an accident I swear" Paul said making me look between the pack in confusion.

"Damnit Paul. What is her family going to think?" Sam shot making me lower my head in fear, it was clear he was talking about me. "I don't care what her family thinks. She's my imprint" Paul hissed as he began to shake, "Paul. Calm down" I said gently placing my hand on his thigh. "Don't touch me. I might you" Paul warned but I didn't remove my hand and Sam sighed, "well, what's done is done. Just please be a little more careful" Sam said obviously seeing no point in making Paul any more angry over something he couldn't really help. "Um, I don't mean to sound silly but. What's marking?" I asked quietly, hoping I didn't get snapped at for asking. "He never told you?" Sam asked with a hint of concern in his voice and I shook my head no. "Marking is when a male werewolf marks his imprint by usual biting her shoulder or navel area. This mark is basically a werewolves way of telling other males to back off, and that she has been claimed" Sam began to explain and I glanced at Paul as he said this, "does it affect me in anyway?" I asked looking back at Sam.

"Your scent usually changes. Only slightly but it's still noticeable enough. Like your scent. You normal just smell of Vanilla and lavender, but now that's mixed with Paul's natural scent and werewolf scent" Sam answered making my head snap back to look at Paul. "How could you mark me and not tell me?" I asked feeling my frustration starting to rise, "because I didn't want to freak you out and I never meant to mark you" Paul answered causing me to huff and stand up from the table. "It's a little late for that, I'm officially freaked out. God, my family are going to kill me. And you" I panicked as I began to pace around the living area, "Dais, you need to calm down. It's not that bad" Jared said. "Calm down! I can't!" I fretted and I felt my eyes flash between my natural brown and whatever colour they were changing to, "did anybody else see that?" Jared asked sounding worried. "Yeah, we did" Paul answered as he stood up from the table and placed his hands gently on my shoulders, holding me still.

"Dais. Baby, look at me. You need to relax" Paul instructed "Paul, I can't" I sniffed as I felt my body begin to shake, "Paul. Take her outside now" Sam yelled and Paul began leading me outside. I had barely made it to the dirt path when felt myself shift from human to wolf form. "She's a werewolf" Jared exclaimed as he, Sam and Emily stood on the steps looking at me in confusion and awe. I slowly looked down hoping to see my shoe covered feet, but I was met by the sight of two large dusted white paws causing me to whimper. "She's not a werewolf, Jared. I think this is part of her hybrid heritage" Emily said, "Paul. See if you can get her to change back" Sam said and my head snapped to look at my imprint who looked just as shocked as everyone else. "Daisy, you need to think about being human and you can change back" Paul said and I nodded and thought about being human. I instantly felt just two legs instead of four, but as I looked down I noticed I was naked. I quickly wrapped my arms around myself to cover up, "where are my clothes?" I asked feeling a shiver run through my body. It was freezing out here.

"They got shred when you phased" Sam answered as Emily handed me a pair of blue jeans and a long sleeve white t-shirt, which I quickly put on. "Phasing? Eyes changing colour" I mumbled to myself trying to figure out what was happening, then it clicked. "Book" I squeaked rushing up the front steps and into the house, "book?" Jared asked in confusion as he and the other three followed me into the house. "Daisy, what's going on?" Emily asked with worry as I began to make my way upstairs, "hang on. I can answer that" I called as I ran upstairs to my room. It took me nearly ten minutes to find the book I was looking for, before I dashed back down stairs and threw it on the table in front of Sam, Jared and Paul. "The legends of Fae" Paul read and I nodded my head "this book basically explains everything to do with my Fairy heritage. As soon as you said I phased and I became a wolf, everything made sense" I said as I sat beside Paul, who placed his arm on the back of my chair.

"So,basically I didn't 'Phase' per say. I shifted. Some fairies or Fae are able toshift into what humans call a spirt animal. We can transform ourselves into ananimal to protect ourselves. Because pretty much everything wants to killfairies" I explained, trying to lessen the confusion. "That kind of makessense. But what about your eyes? Because our eyes don't change colour when wephase. Whereas yours were blue, like bright blue" Jared said making me smile,"my eye colour changes because of the type of fairy I am. I'm a winter fairy somy eyes match the winter colour. If I were a spring fairy they'd be green.Summer reddish orange colour and autumn/fall brown" I answered. "But you wereborn in Summer. Not winter" Paul said causing me to sigh, "Fairy seasons don'tmatch the northern hemisphere seasons. They follow the southern" I answered. "Thatmakes no sense" Paul said causing me to lightly laugh, "don't worry. It made nosense to me either when I first read about it" I said. "So, does this makeDaisy part of our pack now?" Jared asked with excitement, "technically she'snot really a werewolf, but if she wants to be part of the pack it's not aproblem to me" Sam answered. "So, what do you say Dais? You want to be part ofthe pack?" Jared asked with a grin, "when do I start?" I smiled.

A/N: Please don't forget to vote and leave a comment.