Chapter 18 Imprinting & Marking

'If we live a life without leaving some marks, then are we fully living?' 

After I had finished baking a couple of batches of Chocolate mud cake muffins, I went back upstairs to my room to finish off a few more assessments before Paul got back from patrol. I had been working on my assessments a little over two hours when I felt a pair of muscular arms wrap around my waist causing me to jump. I quickly looked up to see Paul standing above me with a mischievous look, which I knew all too well. "No" I said shaking my head and turned my attention back to my maths textbook, "please, Daisy. We haven't had sex in over a week. I miss the sound of you screaming my name. I miss the feeling of your nails digging into my back" Paul begged as he kissed down my neck sending a shiver down my spine. "Paul, it's not that I don't want to. It's more the fact that the pack is just down stairs, and I really don't need any more embarrassing moments today" I sighed as I entwined my fingers with Paul's dark short hair. "What do you mean? What happened while I was on patrol?" Paul asked lifting his head from my neck to look me in the eyes.

"Jake asked if I was pregnant" I said and Paul's eyes quickly dropped down to my stomach, and I quickly swatted his arm. "I'm not pregnant, Paul. Even if I was, I would have told you already" I said and he nodded. "What else happened?" Paul asked as he sat on the edge of my desk as I placed my hands into my lap and looked up at him, "Embry also said he didn't care if I was pregnant, because it would be your problem and stupidity for going in balls deep" I continued with a slight cringe rephrasing what Embry had said earlier. "Did he seriously say that to you?" Paul questioned and I could tell his anger was starting to get the best of him, "unfortunately. But then he asked about the mark on my collarbone and I said you or Sam would explain marking, because Jake and Embry are both clueless" I said and Paul nodded. "Well, let's go talk to them. Then I'm going to kick their asses for embarrassing you" Paul said as he stood up and offered me his hand, which I accepted and we headed down stairs.

As soon as Paul and I stepped off the last step into the kitchen, Embry and Jacob looked ready to make a quick exited, obviously hearing Paul and I's conversation upstairs. "Don't even think about running, sit" Paul instructed using his beta voice making the two wolves listen and sit down. "So, Daisy told me what you said to her earlier" Paul began as he sat in the chair across the table from Jake and Embry, and I stood behind Paul with my arms crossed over my chest. "Listen, Paul we didn't mean it, man" Embry babbled in fear, "sorry for what? I was going to explain what marking is? What are you talking about?" Paul asked lulling Embry into a false sense of security. "Huh, oh, nothing. Please continue" Embry said and I had try and hide the smile that was threatening to grace my lips. Paul seriously had him scared.

"Anyways, the mark you saw on Daisy's shoulder is a marking mark. It's the way a male wolf claims his imprint as his, and sends a warning to other males that she is already taken" Paul explained and I listened carefully, even though Sam had already explained it to me when Paul first marked me. But wolf imprinting and mates still fascinate me. "So, it's a wolfs way of showing that their imprint is there's?" Jacob asked looking between Paul and I, "pretty much. And have you ever noticed that I smell slightly of Paul all the time, even when he hasn't touched me?" I asked as I sat beside Paul as I spoke to the two younger wolves. "Yeah, why is that?" Embry asked with interest "because Paul marked me, I always smell slightly of him. It's another thing that comes with marking your imprint" I explained and both Jacob and Embry nodded. "When did Paul mark you?" Jacob asked "back in November" I answered, "when you mark your imprint, do you have to like do anything else? Like have sex to complete the bond?" Embry asked. "No. the mark is just a mark. But with Daisy it was different" Paul answered making Embry look at him confused, "different how?" Embry asked curiously.

"With Daisy being a Fairy hybrid we had a different process to what you or any wolf will have with your imprint. I'm not going to go into detail because that's a little personal" Paul explained and I was thankful that he didn't explain our full bonding process. "Oh, okay. Thanks for explaining that to us" Embry said, "anytime" I smiled. "Right, now to my next point of why I wanted to talk with you two. Why the hell did you ask if Daisy was Pregnant?! That is none of your business if she is or not. Or if we were even trying" Paul said finally snapping making me look down at my hands. "I just wanted to know if the rumour about her was true, that's all. I didn't mean to upset her" Jacob said holding his hands up in defence, "there's a rumour going around?" Paul asked looking from Jake to me and I nodded, "apparently you got me pregnant and the only reason I'm on the res is because of it" I answered causing Paul to huff in annoyance. "People round here really need to learn to mind their own damn business" Paul huffed as stood up from his chair and exited the house, "sorry about him" I quickly apologised to Jacob and Embry before racing after my boyfriend who had already shifted into his grey wolf form.

Justfrom a quick look I could see Paul was asking me to shift as well, which Ihappily agreed to. Before I shifted though, I quickly stripped of my clothing leavingme in just my bra and underwear. "Daisy, what the hell are you doing?" Jacobasked as he and Embry exited the house, "I'm going for a run with Paul" Ianswered. "He's a wolf. How in hell are you going to keep up?" Jacob askedmaking me smirk, "you'll see" I grinned as I turned away from him and quicklyshifted into my wolf. Once I had shifted into my smaller light grey/white wolfI stood beside Paul, who gave me a quick lick behind the ear. "She's a wolf aswell?" Jacob asked in shock as he stared down at me "not really. It's just oneof her fairy abilities. Pretty cool right" Embry grinned down at me as Paulnudged my side with his. I gave Jacob and Embry one last look before followingPaul into the woods.

A/N: I'M BACK... DID YOU MISS ME? I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS LONG, LONG AWAITED CHAPTER. HOPEFULLY THIS WILL GIVE ME MOTIVATION TO GET BACK INTO THIS.