Chapter 8 Home

'Home is where you feel loved, appreciated and safe.' - Tracey Taylor

Home. I was finally home. Well, sort of. It took me a little over four days to get from Eureka to LaPush, which was exhausting but totally worth it. Since my family didn't return with me, I texted Emily when I first left Eureka asking if I could stay with her. I got an instant reply, saying yes and she was happy to let me live with her as long as need be. I had just arrived on the outskirts of LaPush, and I had just rounded a bend when a russet wolf ran out in front of my car making me slam on the breaks. I quickly came to a stop in front of the wolf and it just stood in the middle of the road, it was at that moment I realised the wolf was actually Jared. After a few seconds, the wolf finally took off again causing me to sigh, Jared was so going to get it when I see him.

After another half an hour of driving, I finally arrived at Emily's house and parked my car. I had barely turned my car off and slipped out of the car, when I was tackled into a hug by none other than Emily Young. "You're home" she squeaked with excitement causing me to laugh, "hi Em" I smiled finally feeling happy for the first time in weeks. "Come on. I made lunch" Emily said as she released me from the hug and began dragging me inside her house, while I couldn't help but laugh. "what about my stuff?" I asked as I stepped inside the familiar home I missed so much, "Sam, Paul and Jared can get it for you when they finish their patrol" Emily answered and I nodded my head. "Speaking of patrol. I almost hit Jared with my car on the way here" I said causing Emily to laugh, "you went driving through the forest?" Emily smirked and I shook my head laughing. "No. I was on the main road and Jared jumped out of the trees in front of my car. Stupid wolf" I chuckled as I sat down at the dining table, "sounds like Jared" Emily said as she placed a plate of sandwiches in the middle of the table.

"So, how have you been?" Emily asked as she sat across from me as I placed a ham and cheese sandwich on my plate. "Honestly?" I asked and Emily nodded, "not great" I said and I could see the concern in Emily's eyes. "Paul was much the same. He has been quiet hot headed lately" Emily said as I bit into my sandwich and raised an eyebrow, "how do you mean?" I asked after swallowing what was in my mouth. "He's been snapping at everyone for the smallest things. He's been phasing a lot as well. Even more so than before he imprinted on you" Emily explained causing me to sigh. "I knew leaving would affect us both in some way. But I didn't think it would be this bad" I mumbled as I played with my sandwich, "hey, it's not your fault. You can't blame yourself for what's happened. All that matters is, you're here now and hopefully Paul can get some control back" Emily assured and I nodded my head. "So, I saw how the bond affected Paul while you were gone. If you don't mind me asking, how was it for you?" Emily said/asked, "I don't mind at all. So, um-basically I kept getting pains in my chest and I felt lost and constantly miserable about everything. And just before I left, my eyes changed colour and back to my normal colour" I said.

"Your eyes changed colour? What colour?" Emily asked leaning forward slightly "I don't know. I never asked. I was in too much of hurry to get back here" I answered and Emily nodded. All of sudden there was a commotion happening outside and a smile formed on Emily's face, "the boys are back" Emily grinned as she jumped up from her chair. "Em. Who's car is that out the front?" Sam asked as he entered the house, "that would be mine" I answered as I spin around in my chair. "Daisy?! When did you get here?" Sam asked in confusion as I stood up and he brought me into a hug. "She got here about half an hour ago" Emily answered as Sam released me from the hug, "what are you doing back? I thought you left" Sam questioned looking a little confused. "The bond brought me back" I said quietly and Sam nodded, "I'm glad you're back Daisy. Paul's been a right mess since you left" Sam said and I nodded. "Emily said" I said just as Jared came stumbling into the house, and froze when he noticed me stand there.

"What?! When?! How?!" Jared stuttered as he stumbled over to me and pulled me into a tight hug, "it's good to see you too Jared" I laughed as I hugged the young wolf. "Thank god you're back. Paul's been a nightmare. Please, take him back" Jared joked causing the four of us to laugh. "I'll happily take him back. Also, what the hell were you doing jumping out in the middle of the road completely phased?!" I exclaimed, "One I could have bloody hit you and two. Are you stupid?! What if someone that wasn't me, saw you? You're putting everyone at risk" I said as Jared looked like a scolded puppy. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean too. I was on patrol and I thought I saw something but it was nothing. I didn't mean to go on the road" Jared apologised lowering his head slightly. "You're forgiven. Just don't do it again. Okay?" I said and Jared nodded before I turned and looked at Emily and Sam who looked shocked.

"Howdid you do that?" Sam asked in shock looking between Jared and I, "do what?" Iasked completely confused. "How did you get Jared to submit like that? OnlyAlphas can get their pack to submit" Sam asked clarifying what he meant, "that'sthe thing. I have no idea. That's the other reason I came back. Something ishappening to me and I don't know what it is" I worried. "What's going on here?"an all too familiar voice asked.