Chapter 14 - Cliff Diving

'Never was anything great achieved without danger.' - Niccolo Machiavelli

It had been a little over a week since Paul just about killed Embry for calling me a blood sucker, but after Paul and I went for a run as wolves, Embry apologised. Paul was reluctant to accept the apology at first, but after I threatened him about not getting any for a month he accepted it. I was currently lying on my bed in my room reading 'The Red Queen' by Victoria Aveyard because I was sick of working on Assessments and learning new materials for school. "Daisy" Jared said as he, Paul and Embry burst into my room like a hurricane almost making drop my book in the process. "What?" I asked looking over at the two teenagers and my boyfriend with raised eyebrows as I placed my book down on the night stand. "We're going cliff diving, want come?" Embry asked with excitement, "cliff diving?" I asked looking at the three wolves with confusion. "You basically just jump off the cliffs at LaPush beach into water below. It gives you a good rush" Jared explained with an exited grin and I looked at Paul with concern. "I'm not really an Adrenaline junky" I said "you don't have to jump, Dais. You can just sit and watch" Paul assured causing me to sigh and nod my head, "fine. Only because I'm tired of staring at books all day" I smiled causing Embry and Jared to cheer with excitement.

"Alright. Alright. I'll meet you down stairs in a bit, I've just gotta get ready" I laughed as I got off my bed and the two teenagers dashed out of my room, like they'd just drank three Red Bulls each. "Are you really sure you want to come? I mean we can stay here and do something if you'd like" Paul said making me look up at him, "No, I want to. I may not be jumping, but I'm not going to ruin your fun just because it's not something I'd do" I said and Paul nodded. "Okay. I'll meet you down stairs when you're ready" Paul said as he pecked my lips before exiting my room. Since I was going to be sitting outside near a cliff for god knows how long, I decided to wear a pair of dark blue washed skinny jeans, white long sleeve t-shirt, white/cream knitted turtle neck jumper, fluffy white knitted socks and a pair of black flat ankle boots. I then grabbed a nude silk bra with matching panties before going into the bathroom to do my usual routine.

Once I was done in the bathroom, I went back into my bedroom to grab my iPhone off charge and headed down stairs, where I found Embry and Jared bouncing with excitement

Once I was done in the bathroom, I went back into my bedroom to grab my iPhone off charge and headed down stairs, where I found Embry and Jared bouncing with excitement. "Alright boys, let's go" I grinned and the three wolves dashed out the front door, pushing each other as they went while Sam, Emily and I just laughed at their antics. "It's been a while since they went cliff diving, huh?" I giggled as Sam and I exited the house at a much more acceptable pace. "Yeah, they're usual too busy with patrolling, school and work" Sam answered and I nodded my head. "Come on Sam. Daisy. We haven't got all day" Jared yelled from the tray of Sam's truck "We do actually" I called causing Paul and Embry to laugh. "We better get moving before Jared hot wires my truck. Again" Sam said causing me to chuckle, as I got in the front cab with Sam while the other three behaved like loose units in the tray of the truck.

It took a little over ten minutes to get to LaPush cliffs, and when I hoped out of the truck I instantly wrapped my arms around myself as the icy air whipped around me. It wasn't overly windy up on the cliffs, but It was still cold because we were right near the ocean. "Woo, let's go" Jared yelled running towards the cliffs with Embry hot on his tail, while Paul, Sam and I took our time. As we made it to the edge of the cliff I felt Paul wrap his arm around my shoulder and I was instantly warmer, because of Paul's abnormal body heat. One of the many side-effects of being a werewolf I guess. "Are sure you're going to be alright?" Paul asked with concern as I watched Embry and Jared look over the edge of the cliff towards the icy ocean below. "Of cause, just go and enjoy yourself and stop worrying about me" I chuckled as I looked up at my boyfriend, "okay. Here" Paul said as he removed his black zip-up hoodie and wrapped it around my shoulders. "I can feel you shivering" Paul chuckled as I snuggled into the large jumper and slid my tiny arms into the much larger sleeves, "thanks. Now go. Before I throw you over the cliff myself" I urged causing Paul to laugh and kiss my hair before joining the rest of the pack, while I sat on the rock near the cliff.

3rd P.O.V – Meanwhile:

"What if I told you I couldn't fix these bikes?" Jacob asked looking at the girl he had slowly fallen in love with as she drove her busted orange truck. "It would have been too bad, and we would have to find something else to do" Bella smiled at her best friend who laughed. All of a sudden Bella caught sight of five figures on the edge of a cliff, "is that Sam Uley?" Bella asked as she pointed at the distant figure. "Him and his cult" Jacob answered with displeasure, Bella suddenly pulled her truck to the side of the road as two of the males in the group push another off the cliff. Paul and Embry cheered as they threw Jared off the cliff, "Oh my god. Did you see that?" Bella asked as she jumped out of the truck and ran into the middle of the road. Jacob laughed at Bella's reaction of Sam's cult throwing each other over the cliff. "They're not fighting, Bella. They're cliff diving" Jacob chuckled making Bella look at him, "cliff diving?" Bella question. "Gives you a real rush. We all normally jump from lower down. We leave the showing off to Sam and his cult. Embry used to call them 'hall monitors on steroids.' Now look at him" Jacob said as he glared at the group as Paul jumped off the cliff with a cheer.

"That's Embry? What happened to him?" Bella glancing at the two men that were on the cliff, as well as another small figure which looked female. Who was sitting on a rock nearby just watching. "He missed a few days of school. He then started following Sam around like a lost puppy. Same thing happened to Jared" Jacob explained, "Sam keeps giving me this look. Like he's waiting for something. It's really starting to freak me out" Jacob added. "You should stay away from him" Bella instructed, "I try" Jacob said. "Who's the girl that's with them? Is she part of Sam's cult too?" Bella asked looking at the small figure again. The small figured jumped up from the rock she was sitting on and wrapped her arms around one of the males that had already jumped off the cliffs, neck. "Nobody knows. She just turned up on the rez a few months ago. No has really gotten a good look at her because she rarely leaves Sam's fiancé's house. Even if you're lucky enough to get a quick glimpse of her, she's always with Paul, Jared and Embry. Mostly Paul though. Rumour is she's a girl Paul got knocked up and she decided to stay" Jacob explained as both Bella and Jacob watched as Paul lifted the girl and she wrapped her legs around his waist as he kissed her.

Daisy's P.O.V:

Icould only watch as Embry and Paul wrestled with Jared to the edge of thecliff, before the two got the upper hand and managed to push Jared off thecliff. Paul, Embry and Sam cheered as Jared fell into the water below whichcaused me to laugh at how excited these boys were over something so dangerous. Nextto dive of the cliff was my man, who did a flip as he jumped off the cliff andI could only shake my head at him being a show off. I loved Paul more thananything, but he was a bit of a show off at times. Paul was followed by Embryand then Sam, just as Paul came back to the top of the cliffs and walkedtowards me. I quickly stood up from the rock I was sitting on and wrapped myarms around his neck, not really caring that he was wet. "You're so beautiful"Paul breathed and I felt a blush form on my cheeks, "you always say that" Igiggled as I looked up at him "that's because it's true" Paul smiled as liftedme up and I wrapped my legs around his waist. "I love you" I breathed, "I loveyou too" Paul said as he pressed his lips firmly to mine. Our lips moved in syncfor a few seconds before I pulled away to breath, "want to get out of here?"Paul asked and I nodded my head. Knowing exactly where this was heading.

A/N: Don't forget to Vote and leave a comment.