Chapter 13 - Embry Call

'It's okay to be scared. Being scared means you're about to something really brave.'

January 2019:

It had been a little under a month since the awkward Christmas lunch at the Clearwater's. I had not long gone back to studying, though I wasn't attending Forks High School at the moment or LaPush high. I had decided that until my family returned to Forks I would do all my assessments and class work online. I was currently sitting in the middle of my bed while still in my pyjamas, even though it was like half ten in the morning. I was busy typing up my English essay I had been working on for the past two days, and I was just wanting to get it over and done with as I hate writing essays. Essay writing had never been my strong point in school. The subjects I always did my best in were Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics, but I was a straight A student in everything including English. "Dais" Emily said as she entered my bedroom but barely glanced up from my computer screen as I typed away at my conclusion paragraph, "hmm" I hummed letting her know I was listening. "You need to take a break, Hun. You've barely moved from this room in two days, we're all starting to worry" Emily said making me look up from my computer to see the concern on her face.

"I'm sorry, Em. I just caught up with writing my essay that everything else became forgotten" I said looking down at my hands, because I felt bad for making everyone worry. "It's okay, Dais. How about you take a break? Have a long hot shower and I'll make you a hot chocolate and pancakes. How does that sound?" Emily smiled making me smile, "sounds good" I said and she nodded. "Good. You have forty-five minutes before I send Paul up here to drag you down himself" Emily grinned causing me to lightly laugh, "okay" I said as Emily left my room. I quickly closed the lid on my laptop and placed it on my desk before walking over to my wardrobe. I decided on something casual and relaxed so I went with a pair of black legging style pants, white tank top, yellow knitted jumper and a pair of black knee-high boots. I then grabbed a black silk bra and matching panties before going into the bathroom to do my usual routine.

Once I had finished my routine I was headed down stairs where I found only Emily and Paul. "Where's Sam and Jared?" I asked as I walked over to the dining table and Paul pulled me onto his lap, and rested his chin on my shoulder. "Embry Call phased" Paul said making my eyes go wide, "Embry. Why does that name sound familiar?" I said to myself as Emily placed a cup of hot chocolate in front of me. "He was one of Jacob Black's friends" Paul said "Oh, yeah. Jared mention them a few weeks ago when came over after school" I said as Emily placed a plate of pancakes in front of me. "And from what I've heard is Bella's good friends with Jacob" I said as I poured maple syrup on my pancakes, "the leech lover" Paul said making me look over the shoulder at him. "Sam said he may be the next to Phase now Embry's phased" Emily as I took a bite of my pancakes, "So Jared and Sam went to get Embry, didn't they?" I said/asked.

"Yeah, they should be back soon" Paul answered and I nodded my head, "wait, why did Jared go and not you? Aren't you second in command?" I asked looking over my shoulder again at my boyfriend. "He was worried about you and Jared said he'd go instead" Emily answered from the kitchen making me shake my head, "you should have gone, Paul. I'm fine" I said. "I know but you hadn't come out of your room for two days. I thought maybe something was wrong or I did something wrong" Paul said and I could see he was a little upset, "hey. You didn't do anything wrong. I was just busy working on my essay assessment for English" I assured because I hated it when Paul blamed himself for everything, when he did nothing wrong. "I'm sorry, I should have asked sooner" Paul said causing me to sigh, "you were busy doing patrol for Sam. I can handle myself, Paul. Don't worry" I grinned causing him to chuckle.

All of a sudden there was a commotion outside and the three of us looked towards the front door to see Sam, Jared and now Embry. "Welcome to the pack Embry" I smiled as he entered the house and he looked over at me in shock. "I thought you said Females couldn't phase?" Embry asked looking from me to Sam who laughed, "Daisy isn't a wolf. She is part of the pack though" Sam answered as Embry and Jared sat across from Paul and I. "She's really cute. Who is she exactly?" Embry whispered to Jared, but unfortunately Paul heard and growled at the new wolf. "I won't say that in front of Paul and that is Daisy Cullen" Jared grinned looking from Embry to Paul and I. "Why is there a blood sucker here?" Embry asked causing Paul to growl more and begin to shake, "come on Paul. Let's go outside" I said I stood up and carefully took Paul's hand and lead him outside before he phased in Emily's house.

3rd P.O.V:

Embryand Jared could only watch as Paul and Daisy exited the house through the frontdoor, just as Paul phased into his silver/grey wolf. "You need to watch whatyou say around Paul. Especially when it comes to Daisy" Jared sighed as Daisyalso shifted into a smaller white/grey wolf where her head rested perfectlyunder Paul's wolf's chin. Embry and Jared watched as the two wolves took offinto the forest and out of sight before Embry turned to Jared. "Why? Are Pauland Daisy dating or something?" Embry asked in confusion, "they are dating butDaisy is also Paul's imprint" Sam answered. "Paul imprinted on a blood sucker?And you let her live here?" Embry sniffed causing Jared and Sam to glare athim, "Daisy isn't a leech. She's just their daughter/sister. Daisy's actually afairy hybrid" Jared explained and Embry looked at him in surprise. "Now I feelbad" Embry said in shame "don't worry Embry. Just apologise to both Paul andDaisy when they get back" Sam instructed and Embry nodded. He really felt badfor calling Daisy a blood sucker. 

A/N: 'Guess who's back. Back again. Bengal's back. Tell a friend.' Right, sorry  I just had to do that. Anyway's I'm back with another chapter after who knows how long. I hope you enjoyed it, and hopefully it won't take me months to post another chapter. Till next time.

- Bengal

Don't forget to Vote and Leave a comment