Chapter 3 - Imprint

'Soulmates aren't just Lovers.' 

The five of us stepped outside the small cabin and I was instantly hit with the smell of pine trees and dirt, which was nice. "Daisy, you can sit with Emily on the steps" Sam said and I nodded my head, as I took a seat beside Emily on the wooden steps connected to the veranda. "What are they doing?" I asked as I watched the three men carefully, "wolf training" Emily grinned just as Sam, Paul and Jared shifted into their wolves causing me to gasp in shock. "I was the same way when Sam first phased in front of me" Emily laughed as she stood up, taking my small hand with in hers as she dragged me over to the three massive wolves. Emily let go of my hand and walked over to Sam's black wolf, while I was draw to the silver wolf that was Paul. I slowly held out my hand but didn't touch him as I didn't know how he would react if I just touched him. Paul must have sensed my hesitation and fear because he ducked his head down so I could pet him. "Please don't bite me" I begged as I brought my hand closer to his head, and it was as if Paul laughed and I placed my hand gently on his snout.

When I placed my hand on Paul's snout I expect his fur to feel dirty or rough even, but it wasn't. I was soft, really soft. Like a brand new fluffy blanket, and all you wanted to do was cuddle up with it. After a few seconds, my eyes met Paul's and It was almost as if I could see the happiness and love in his eyes, causing me to gasp and remove my hand. "Daisy, you okay?" Emily asked in concern, obviously hearing my gasp as I stepped away from Paul. "I...I need a minute" I squeaked as I rushed back into the house and slid down against the kitchen cupboards and buried my head in my hands. How did I not feel it before? How could I be so blind? Paul was my mate and I only now realised.

"Daisy" Emily said, bringing me out of my thoughts, making me look up at her and I could see the concern in her eyes. "What happened? Are you okay?" she asked as she sat beside me, "Paul, he's my mate" I answered quietly as I rested my chin on my arms, that were wrapped around my legs that were pressed firmly against my chest. "Aw, Daisy. There's no need to be scared. Having a mate or Imprint is amazing. Believe me" Emily said with a warm smile, "I'm only seventeen, Em. And what if Paul doesn't want me" I worried looking over at my new best friend. "I know you're only young and give Paul a chance. I know he's a little hot-headed, but he's a really good guy" Emily said giving my shoulder a slight nudge with hers, causing a small smile to form on my lips. "Thanks, Em. Uh, just one more question" I said, "what's up?" she asked "how old is Paul, exactly?" I asked and Emily lightly laughed. "Paul's 24. I know that's a bit of an age gap between the two of you, but I've seen couples with bigger age gaps and they manage to make it work" Emily answered and I nodded my head. I wasn't overly bothered by Paul being seven years older than me, but I know my family will have issues with it. Not only is he seven years older than me, but he's also a wolf and I know how much my family distrust them.

"Is she alright?" Sam asked as he entered the kitchen with Paul following close behind, "yeah, she's fine. But I think we need to let her and Paul talk" Emily answered looking up at her fiancé. "Alright. Daisy. Paul if you need us we'll be outside" Sam said as he helped Emily off the kitchen floor, and left Paul and I alone in the kitchen. After a few seconds Paul took the place of where Emily was previously, and almost instantly I felt more at ease. "You felt it, didn't you?" Paul asked breaking the silence between us, "yeah. You already knew, didn't you?" I said/asked looking up at him and he nodded. "I imprinted on you three weeks ago. I'm sorry if I'm coming off a little forward" Paul said/apologised, "no, it's okay. You're being honest. I like it. And if it makes you feel any better, you're my mate as well" I lightly smiled as I rested my chin on my arms and looked up at him. "I guess we're stuck with each other" Paul chuckled and I lightly laughed, "I guess so" I said enjoying my mates company.

"So, what do we do now?" Paul asked looking down at me with his gorgeous dark brown eyes, "let's just take it slow to begin with and we can go from there" I answered and Paul nodded. "I heard you talking to Emily, about our age difference" Paul said, "yeah, I kind of guessed you were mid-twenties and I'm not bothered by our age difference" I lightly smiled. "Good, because I'm not bothered either" Paul chuckled, "are you going to tell your family about this?" Paul asked causing me to sigh and shake my head 'no'. "I can't tell them. Not yet, anyways. They don't trust wolves as it is" I said, "don't worry. I don't trust your blood sucking family either" Paul smirked causing me to gasp and lightly laugh at what Paul had called my family. "I have a strong feeling you and Emmett are not going to get alone, at all" I grinned, "why not?" Paul asked raising eyebrow with a slight smirk. "Because you're both hot-headed and neither of you would back down from a fight" I laughed and Paul nodded, "I can agree with that" Paul said.

To be honest I not sure why I was so scared about being with Paul. I just hope for our sake nothing pulls us a part, because that could end badly. 

Word Count - 1037