Chapter 12 - Frosty Christmas

'There are friends, there is family, and then there are friends that become family.'

Paul and I had just arrived at the Clearwater's house, and were waiting for Sam and Emily to turn up. I had met the Clearwater's a few times before now, but Paul had warned me to prepare for a bit of Frosty day with Emily, Sam and Leah. Luckily for me I had heard about that love triangle story from both sides, Leah and Sam's. I could understand why Sam broke up with Leah, and I could also see why Leah was so mad about the whole thing. But you can't choose who you Imprint on and unfortunately Sam had Imprinted on Leah's cousin Emily, making everything even more complicated. Though, in just the few times I met Leah we had become quite close and it felt good to have friends outside of my family. Paul and I had been waiting in my car for about ten minutes, when thought we'd waited long enough. I slowly opened my door and began getting "where are you going? I thought we were waiting for Emily and Sam" Paul said, "I'm done waiting. They'll turn up when they're ready. Besides, I want to spend some time catching up with Leah before all hell breaks loose" I grinned causing Paul to laugh and hope out of the passenger seat.

Paul helped me grabbed the small stack of presents out of the boot of my car, as well as the plate of mint and Chocolate macaroons I had specifically for today. It had taken me until late last night to finish them, because they are a time consuming dessert to make. Paul and I walked up to the Clearwater's front door and I was just about to knock when it was pulled open by Leah's younger brother Seth. "Hi Seth. Merry Christmas" I greeted "Hi Dais. Paul. Merry Christmas. Let me help you with those" Seth said as he gently took a few presents from my arms so I wouldn't drop the small desserts. "Thank you" I thanked as I stepped inside the warm home with Paul following close behind, and closed the door. "Mum. Daisy and Paul are here" Seth called as he and Paul placed the presents under the Christmas tree.

"I'm in the kitchen" Sue called back causing me to lightly laugh "I'm going to go give these to Sue. Don't kill each other you too" I grinned looking between Seth and my boyfriend, who both gave me an innocent look. I slowly walked into the kitchen to see Sue and Leah preparing multiple dishes for lunch, which made me smile. "Hi Sue. Hi Leah. Merry Christmas" I said making the two Clearwater women turn around and look at me, "Hi Daisy, Sweetheart. Merry Christmas, you look lovely" Sue smiled as she gave me a tight hug. "Thank you, you look great as well" I said as the older Clearwater released me from the hug, only to be tightly hugged by Leah. "Thank you for coming. I don't know if I'd be able to survive if it was just Sam and Emily" Leah whispered as she hugged, "hey, it's going to be okay. And I'm happy your mum invited me and Paul" I said as gently rubbed Leah's back. After a minute or two, Leah finally released me from the hug "oh, I also made some Macaroons. I hope you don't mind" I said as I gently placed the plate on the kitchen bench. "No, that's fine Daisy. I haven't had a Macaroon in years" Sue said, "well, hopefully I made these correctly. I haven't made these myself for nearly four years because mum usually insist on making them" I smiled.

"Oh, speaking of your family. Have you heard from them lately?" Sue asked "um, I spoke to mum and dad via facetime just the other day. Rose and Emmett also facetime a few hours later. But my other three siblings. Nothing" I answered with a sigh. "Oh, I'm sorry Sweetheart" Sue apologised and I shook my head, "it's fine, Sue. I've always been closer to Emmett and Rose more than my other siblings anyways" I said with a small smile. I always loved spending time with Sue and Leah, because it felt like I was back home spending time with Rose and mum. In the few times I had spent time at the Clearwater's Leah had become like a sister and Sue was like a mother figure, which I loved. "Alright, you two. Get out of my kitchen, go and harass Seth and Paul while I finish up" Sue said causing both Leah and I to laugh as we got shooed from the kitchen. "I still can't believe you're dating Paul Lahote" Leah said as we exited the kitchen, "how so?" I asked already knowing the answer.

"Dais. Paul has always been known as a hot head. It's just surprising that such a calm, relaxed and friendly person such as yourself is with someone like him" Leah explained causing me to lightly laugh, "well, you know what they say Lee. Opposites attract" I grinned and she chuckled giving my shoulder a light shove just as the front door opened. "Aunty Sue. Uncle Harry. I'm here" Emily called as she and Sam entered the house, and instantly I felt Leah stiffen. "Come on Lee. Just ignore them" I whispered and she nodded, leading me into the living room where Paul, Seth and Harry were watching the football game. "Hey Baby" Paul smiled as I entered the living room and he pulled me gently onto his lap, while Leah gave me a small smile. "Hi Daisy. How's it going?" Harry asked as Paul wrapped his arms around my waist, "Hi Harry. I'm good, how are you?" I said/asked. "Yeah, not too bad. Went fishing with Charlie the other day" Harry answered and I nodded my head, "did you catch anything?" I asked with a smile. "Nothing as usual. Usually when I go fishing with Seth we catch at least a couple. But when I go with Charlie. Nothing" Harry said causing me to lightly laugh, "maybe the fish are scared of him" I grinned causing Harry to chuckle.

"I don't blame the fish for being scared. Hell, that face even scares me" Harry said making me laugh and shake my head. "Harry. Kids. Lunch" Sue called from the dining room and Seth practically sprinted out of the room, while the rest of us moved a little bit slower. Though I knew Paul wanted to do the same thing Seth had just done, he knew I would give him a tongue lashing if he behaved like that in Sue and Harrys house. As we all sat around the large wooden table I was sat between Paul and Leah, I could also the feel the rise in tension between Leah, her cousin and Sam. "So, Daisy. How's senior year going?" Sue asked obviously trying to break the tension, "Not too bad. I'll be happier when it's over" I answered. "Do you have any idea what you're going to do after High School?" Sue asked, "I was thinking about going to University to study medicine" I answered with a smile and I felt Paul tense beside me.

Paul and I had talked about what I wanted to do after high school, and he wasn't overly keen on the idea of me moving away. Because the nearest University that had a medical program was in Seattle, and we both knew Seattle wasn't exactly the safest city. "That's amazing. The world can always do with more doctor's" Sue grinned making me lightly smile as I placed my hand on Paul's thigh, to try and get him to relax about the whole idea. "What about you Emily? How are the wedding plans going?" Sue asked now turning to her niece and Leah went ridged beside me. "They're going great. We just haven't decided on a date yet" Emily answered, "shouldn't you have picked a date first? Before planning any other details" Leah huffed from beside me and I felt Paul bring my chair closer to his. He was obviously worried that Leah might lash out at me by accident. "Leah" Sue warned and I looked down at the table, knowing this was going to go south, real quick.

"With Sam working for the council and we don't really know what kind of work could come up in the future" Emily explained and to be honest Em had a point. Nobody knows what could happen around the reserve and when the pack could be called away to protect it. "Please, you probably have a date set. You just want to tell me or invite me because you're scared I'll ruin it" Leah argued making me tighten my grip on Paul's thigh, because this was starting to get heated and it was scaring me. "Leah, stop. You're making Daisy uncomfortable" Sue said making Leah and Emily look at me, "I'm sorry Dais" Leah apologised and I shook my head "it's fine" I said quietly as Paul took my hand in his.

Well,at least I can say this Christmas was interesting.