Chapter 5 - Sad Goodbyes

'The reason it hurts so much to seperate is because our souls are connected.' 

Today was the day I had to do the one thing, I never thought I would have to do but I had too. I slowly pulled myself out of bed and over to her to my desk chair, where I set out my outfit before I went to bed last night. I had chosen a navy blue and floral dress that stop mid-thigh, dark blue washed denim jacket, black tights and a pair of black high heeled ankle boots. I had also laid out a navy blue silk bra with matching panties before going into my bathroom to do my usual routine. Once I was ready for the day, I grabbed my phone and looked around one last time before heading down stairs to find everyone gathered in the kitchen, looking almost a miserable as I felt. "I'm going out for a bit. I'll be home just before we leave" I said quietly before heading into the garage and hoped into my car and headed off to Emily's house. I had texted Emily last night, telling her I was coming over today and I needed to speak with everyone.

When I arrived I took a deep breath before exiting my car, and walked up the small veranda steps to Emily's cabin. "Hey, Dais" Emily greeted with a smile which I tried to return but I couldn't, "hey, you okay?" Sam asked with concern. "My family and I are leaving Forks" I answered trying to hold back the tears, "what?! Why?!" Jared asked. "There was an accident last night and dad said it's best we left Forks for a while. To start new" I answered, "have you told Paul yet?" Emily asked and I shook my head 'no'. "I told Paul to meet me here in five minutes, because I still have no idea how I'm going to tell him" I sighed as I sat beside Sam at the dining table, "whatever you decide to go with, please be careful as Paul may phase" Sam warned and I nodded my head. Already prepared encase Paul did phase.

I had been at Emily's nearly ten minutes when Paul entered her house, in his usual attire of shorts and no shirt. "Dais, what are you doing here already? I thought we were meeting here at 8:30" Paul said, "we need to talk, Paul. Can we go outside?" I said/asked quietly not making eye contact with my boyfriend. "Sure" Paul said and I could already hear the concern in his voice, which was breaking me even more than it already was. I slowly stood from my chair and followed Paul outside. Paul followed me to just beyond the tree line by Emily's house, when I finally stopped and looked at him. "So, what did you need to talk to me about? Are you okay?" Paul asked with concern as he gently wrapped his arms around me. "I'm leaving Forks" I said quietly and I instantly felt Paul become tense, "why?" he asked with worry. "There was an incident last night. And" I began but was cut off, "they didn't hurt you did they. Because I swear..." Paul growled and I shook my head.

"They didn't hurt me, Paul. Jasper almost attacked Bella last night when she cut her finger open. So, for Jasper's sake we need to move" I said looking into his dark brown eyes that draw me in every time. "See, this is what those Leeches do. They ruin everything that's good. And now because of them I'm losing you. No, I won't let them take you" Paul growled making me step away from him, as I could feel him starting to shake. "This isn't up to you, Paul. I can't just leave my family" I argued "and what about us?!" Paul yelled causing me to jump in surprise because Paul had never risen his voice to me before. "I don't want to leave you. Believe me this is the last thing I want to be doing, but my family need me" I whispered and Paul's expression softened. "I don't know if I can live without you" Paul admitted as he once again wrapped his arms around me, bring me closer to his hot body. "I don't think I can either" I whispered as I wrapped my arms around him, "promise you'll call and text me every chance you get" Paul almost begged. "I promise" I promised "are you sure I can't convince you to stay?" he asked causing me to quietly laugh, "unfortunately not" I sighed.

Paul and I just stood in the forest holding each other because we both knew we wouldn't be seeing each other for a while, and you could tell it was really breaking us. I knew I had to say my final goodbye because I had to be heading home soon, as we were leaving as soon as I got back. "Paul, I need to get going" I said quietly "I know" he mumbled into my hair and I could slowly start to feel the tears building behind my eyes. "I love you Paul Lahote with all my heart. I will always be yours" I sniffed, "I love you too Daisy Cullen. You will always be mine and I will always be yours. Don't ever forget that" Paul muttered and I could tell he was trying not to cry as well. "I could never" I whispered as he leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss to my lips, which I quickly deepened.

After a few seconds, I had to pull away and I could feel the tears trickling down my face as Paul pressed his forehead against mine. "I love you" Paul breathed "I love you too. Goodbye Paul" I cried as I stepped away from my boyfriend, and I looked at him one last time before I left. As soon as I got into my car 'A Thousand Years part 2 by Christina Perri' began playing as I drove home. As soon as I got home, I couldn't bring myself to get out of the car and I finally let the tears flow freely. How was I going to survive without Paul? Without my mate. How was he going to survive without his imprint.

Only time could tell. 

Word Count - 1047