The waterbending scroll

Appa was flying through some mountains while Aang paced back and forth on the saddle as he panted and looked around.

"Would you sit down!?" Sokka said from on top of Appa's head while holding onto the reins, "if we hit a bump, you'll go flying off! What's bugging you anyway?"

"It's what avatar Roku said! I'm supposed to master all 4 elements before that comet arrives." He said as he recalled his conversation with Roku.

"Well, let's see. You pretty much mastered airbending and that only took you 112 years. I'm sure you can master 3 more elements by next summer." He said as he glanced back at Aang.

I silently laughed at the 112 years comment and nudged Sokka, "you're not helping." I whispered to him since I was sitting beside him.

"I haven't even started waterbending, and we're still weeks away from the North Pole." Aang said as he continued to stress walk around the saddle, "what am I gonna do!?"

"Calm down." Katara grabbed Aang's wrist and got him to sit down in front of her, "it's gonna be okay. If you want, I can try and teach you some of the stuff I know."

I looked down at the scenery and tuned out the rest of their conversation and sighed. "What's got you sighing now?" Sokka sarcastically commented.

I smiled and turned to him, "if we survive the comet that's coming up then maybe I'll actually enjoy my birthday for once."

"When's your birthday?"

"It's on b/d, but I don't celebrate it."

"Huh!?" Sokka gasped, "why not??? It's a day for celebration!" He quietly shouted.

"What am I celebrating? The fact that I'm one year closer to my death?" 'And since I got sent back in time, I'm not really counting on making it past my 30s'

"No! It's a day to celebrate that you're alive and if we survive the comet, I'll personally bake you a cake." He smiled.

"As much as I appreciate the thought, I'll rather not die of food poisoning on my birthday." I laughed which made Sokka laugh as well.

"We'll need to find a good source of water first." Katara said which made me tune in into their conversation.

"Maybe we can find a puddle for you to splash in." Sokka replied.

"Orrrr maybe we could land over there." I pointed towards the waterfall that we were approaching."

"That's a perfect source of water!" Katara said as she looked down from the saddle towards the waterfall.

"Nice puddle." Sokka said as he looked at the waterfall. As soon as we got off of Appa and took off his saddle, he jumped into the water.

"Yeah! Don't start without me, boy!" Aang said as he took off his clothes, but before he could jump into the water, Katara stopped him.

"Remember the reason we're here." she reminded him.

"Oh right, time to practice waterbending." He said as he put his clothes back on.

"Great. So what are we supposed to do?" Sokka said.

"We? I'll be practicing my airbending, see ya!" I said as I ran towards an isolated place that was close enough to hear the rest of the group if they called me. 'sorry Sokka, but i don't want to be stuck on Appa cleaning duty.'

I inhaled a big amount of air and pointed my head towards the floor. I exhaled an air jet strong enough for me to land on one of the tree's top branches. I grabbed onto the tree trunk and looked towards the rest of the group. I watched as Aang got the hang of all of Katara's waterbending moves easily. 'guess that's the perk of being the avatar.' I laughed when Aang waterbended a big wave that splashed on top of Sokka and Appa. I jumped from tree to tree until I reached the rest of the group.