The waterbending master🌊

Sokka's pov

"I'm not one to complain, but can't Appa fly any higher?" I felt restless.

"I have an idea. Why don't we all get on your back and you can fly us to the North Pole." Aang snapped.

Tch, "I'd love to!" I flaunted my back towards him, "Climb on Y/N!"

"Uh-huh" She replied absentmindedly. She must be tired.

"See! Even Y/N's feeling the agony."

"Look, we're all just a little tired and cranky because we've been flying for two days straight." Katara mediated.

"And for what?" I groaned, "We can't even find the Northern Water tribe. There's nothing up here."

"AHH!" A spike of ice shot up from the water— and we narrowly escaped. They came one after the other and we barely managed to avoid each one. One of them caught Appa's feet, he was frozen in place. A few boats emerged behind the surrounding icebergs, and they bounded Appa to the ocean.

"They're water benders." Katara said as the boats approached us. "We found the water tribe."

"More like they found us." I joked.

"What is your business." An elder man inquired.

"We're Sokka and Katara of the Southern water tribe, we are with the avatar and his guardian." Katara answered.

"Our sister tribe! Well why didn't you say so earlier?" He joked, "let us lead you into our home." They unfroze the ice on Appa and they guided us towards their tribe.

"There it is!" Aang pointed towards the towering ice wall ahead of us, the water tribe insignia was emblazoned on the wall. I was captured by the sight.., my first time seeing our sister tribe.

"The Northern water tribe." Katara gazed.

"We're finally here." I stated.

The benders created an opening on the wall and guided us inside. We swam into a enclosed pool, with more benders standing on the walls above, they poured water into the pool and lowered the wall in front of us, revealing the ethereal city of Agna Qel'a. Ice structures as far as the eye could see, seeing the greatness of the water tribe exhilarated me.

"I can't believe how many waterbenders live up here." Katara said, equally as spellbound.

"We'll find a master to teach us no problem." Aang replied.

"Isn't it amazing, Y/N?" I asked.

"Yeah, it is." I felt the tinge of sadness muddled with her reply. 'What's wrong?' She'd been like this since we got to the North Pole, but I knew if I asked I wouldn't get a literal answer.

We swam along the city's canal, and a boat passed by. Y/N's face ran cold and my gaze followed her eyes. White hair, blue eyes.. I made note of the girl on the boat as I shifted my focus from her towards the guy in her company. He had skin fairer than typical water tribesmen, gray eyes and dark brown hair. Is she looking at him? His gaze landed on us; Y/N flinched and hid from his field of sight. Strange.

"Are you okay?" I whispered in her ear. It was as if she couldn't hear me, her chest rose and fell as sweat accumulated on her face. "Are you okay?" Worry seeped from my voice, and I laid my hand on her shoulder as an attempt to comfort her.

"What happened?" Katara asked.

"What's wrong, Y/N?" Aang followed. The sound of Aang's voice snapped her out of her trance.

She looked around and took a deep and calming inhale, "I'm okay." She caressed my hand with her own and I felt the slight shakiness of it.

"Tonight, we celebrate the arrival of our brother and sister from the Southern tribe." The chief stood beside us and announced us before our banquet. "And they have brought with them two very special people, one of which many of us believed disappeared from the world until now.. the avatar— and his guardian." The room filled with cheers. "We also celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday." He stepped aside and the white haired girl from the boat entered the room. "Princess Yue's wedding is set for next spring." The cheers reverberated around the room.