Commemoration Ball (Part 1)

3rd POV

The President is hosting a ball in commemoration of G.U.N and the Freedom Fighter's accomplishments, (and a little bit of an apology for the grievances during their last mission that the public doesn't particularly need to know about), and out of everyone Amy knows, Rouge is the most ecstatic about this news.

"Do you understand what this means??" She had asked when the information was first relayed to them, "This means I get to wear that sexy ass dress I bought for the mission you and Shadow went on! The one I'd bought and has been sitting in my closet untouched for practically a year!"

Amy remembers the dress quite well. It's a simple black velvet, deep v-neck dress with a low cut back that accentuates Rouge's wings, along with thin straps and a leg slit. It suits her nicely, and Amy had been disappointed when they'd found out she wouldn't be wearing it.

Now that there's a new opportunity, Rouge has been buzzing daily with anticipation for the event. But apparently not as excited as she is to buy Amy a new dress, because if she didn't, it'd be down right criminal; according to Rouge that is.

So here Amy is, back at the same dress shop her and Rouge had gone to all that time ago.

"Your dress shouldn't be too similar to your other one, you deserve the glow up. These last few dresses have been alright, but they don't show you off the way they should." Amy hears the bat call from the other side of the dressing room curtain. She stares at herself in the mirror, covered in an unzipped dress that resembles loose cloth rather than a coherent outfit.

"Don't worry, I wasn't planning on it. This ball is a little more high class than that last one, and I'm pretty sure it's being held at one of the official buildings, so I want to make sure I'm not underdressed." She says, fumbling with the soft red silk that's bundled in her hands. Once she's found and successfully gotten her arms through the sleeves, she calls for Rouge to come in and zip her up.

"Oh my god, this is absolutely gorgeous."

The dress is an almost cherry-like maroon in color, with sleeves that fall off her shoulders with loose fabric that mimics the bottom half of the dress. The top shapes a sweetheart neckline, and ties together beneath her bust.

Rouge sighs dramatically, then squeals, "This is it! This has to be the one."

Amy runs her hand down the dress, and smiles to herself, "Yeah, I think so."

She watches as Rouge's wings flutter excitedly, and it's contagious. The pit in her stomach, though, prevents her from expressing herself just as much, and Rouge is quick to catch on.

"Oh hon? What's wrong? Do you not like it?"

Amy looks away from the mirror and sits on one of the stools provided within the changing room.

"No! I love it! I'm just-" She swallows, "I'm worried Sonic will be there. Not that he's isn't allowed to, and he's most definitely invited, but I'm still really not in the mood to see or talk to him. I feel childish."

Rouge sits next to her and places a hand atop her thigh, "That's a reasonable thing to be concerned or nervous about honey. You've set boundaries, and this event kinda muddles those."

Amy nods, and takes a deep breath, "Jeez, you and Shadow are always having to console me over him. It makes me feel like I can't handle this on my own sometimes."

That's putting it simply. Amy doesn't like that there's always something going on with him, and sometimes she wishes she could just drop it all and forget about it. But he's been a part of her life since she was a kid, and even if she were to drop and forget- she couldn't. Not ever, if she's being honest with herself. He is, unfortunately, too important of a figure in her life too. But right now she's taking a break, because he's been quite the pain in the ass and she's fed up with his childish games. "I hope he continues to keep his distance like I told him to."