Beach

3rd POV

Today, Amy was going to the Beach. Nothing was stopping her.

The past few weeks have been stormy as hell, for some reason, and today was the first light shed in weeks. When she woke up to the sound of birds and to the sight of sun, Amy immediately called all Rouge and Shadow to make plans for the afternoon.

The past few weeks meaning just enough time for Amy's bruises to become faint splotches of purple on her rib cage to where she can wear her two piece and not be completely obvious.

Rouge was behind Amy, watching Shadow poke an umbrella into the sand and laying out all their towels; the bags placed neatly in between them. Amy was almost too eager, the pink hedgehog was taking in the sun and the wind; which was a little strong but the heat made up for it. Taking a step forward, she dips her toes into the sand and watched a small wave crash upon the shore and over her feet.

She smiles. Dammit, if this wasn't what she needed.

"Hey sweetheart, come over here and undress, you're going to get your dry clothes wet. That defies their whole purpose." Rouge calls, a slight chuckle to her voice.

"Yup!" Amy says, and she hops back to her friends. 

Shadow was in black swim trunks that had a red streak down each side (how original of him). Rouge probably bought him it. The bat was in her usual attire when it came to swimming. The classic two piece; baby pink. Amy was wearing her black two piece that Rouge specifically bought for her as well. It's safe to say, if you were to look inside Amy's closet, half the clothes in there were given to her from Rouge.

In Amy's hindsight, she could see Shadow peering over at her from where he was standing. She knew he was staring at her faint bruising. She knew he was thinking about how they got there. And she knew who saved her.

"While the weather isn't as amazing as it was a couple of weeks ago, it sure does feel refreshing." Rouge sighs, expanding her wings against the breeze.

"Don't rub it in." Amy mutters, a smirk resting upon her cheek. Making sure her stuff was secured with the rest of their items, Amy walks towards the shore, watching as the wind carries the waves further over the sand. Clear as always, she can see seashells sink and rise past the beads of sand throughout each pulse of water.

Amy steps into the water and can feel all the tension she's built up the past few days drift away, just like the waves she was submerged in. Mental note to self, come to beach more often.

"Did you two invite others?" Both girls hear Shadow ask. Turning around, Amy and Rouge see Blaze and Silver walking up to them and wave. 

Amy glances at Shadow, who surprisingly was closer to her since she last saw, and shakes her head, "I didn't."

"Me either, honey." The bat laughs. The two other Mobians make their way up and greet.

Laughing and hugging it out, Silver and Blaze smile, "What a coincidence you guys decided to come to the beach at the same time we were." Silver says. The five of them edge closer to one another in order to hear each other properly due to the loud crashes of the waves.

"In my defense, I planned on coming here a couple weeks ago." Amy laughs, rubbing her nape. In her peripheral vision, she can see Shadow staring off at the ocean; arms crossed against his chest and his eyes lost in a gaze. What was he thinking about?

Amy lowers her arm, her ribs still aching ever-slightly and she tunes in back on Rouge, Silver, and Blaze's conversation.

"Well, I still think it's funny you three are here, because I invited others." Silver says, and begins dumping their items onto the sand and towels. Rouge raises a brow, taking a quick glance to her side before asking, "Whom?"