Unexpected behavior on a peculiar day

A/N: I swear I still write this ':D. I just have been swamped with the end of year exams and now IT'S SUMMER soooo~ I'm gonna try and post more :D (i reread my story bc it's been that long since i've written and i forgot some stuff, rip my life, and i just wanna say lmao sorry )

3rd POV

Amy's been in love with Sonic for most of her life, if she's being honest. She never cared if he ran away, or declined all her offers, just his presence made her day. What she didn't realize until last night, was that she had finally, after so long, gotten over Sonic. It was a shock to her. How can such a burden disappear so suddenly? But she got thinking. Amy didn't just stop having feelings for Sonic immediately after the bash, but rather it'd been a gradual effect over the past few months. 

Talking to Rouge over the phone may have not been Amy's best choice this morning, but she needed to tell.

"I told you!" Rouge sings across the line. "What happened after you kissed him? Why did you even kiss him? Where is Shadow how? What are you going to do-"

"Jesus Christ! Rouge, slow down." Amy laughs. She rubs her temple and continues. "He was just surprised. His face was shocked, but then he went back to normal and chaos controlled back to his house. I don't know why I kissed Shadow, but I think it was more of a 'thank you' than a 'i like you' sort of gesture."

"Amy-"

"I've already told you everything! Plus, it wasn't a big deal, it was small." She interrupts Rouge, smiling when she hears a huff through the phone.

"Alright. But answer this: will it be weird?" 

Was it going to be weird, Amy thinks. Slightly panicking, she rests a hand on her lips. If she made it weird between them, their trio was going to split or just be awkward. Did she just potentially ruin their friendship? Kisses weren't that big of a deal... right?

"I... Oh my god, what if i made it weird?" Amy chokes.

"Now now, Shadow's a pretty chill hedgehog, i'm pretty sure he wouldn't let it get weird." Rouge reassures. Taking a moment to collect her thoughts, Amy fills the silence.

"You're right."

"As always."

Amy snickers, "Are we heading out today? Maybe stop by that one ice cream place again? I'd kill for some strawberries right now."  She really had been craving strawberries, but Amy wanted to drop the subject. If she thought about it too much, she'd overthink it and most probably panic.

Rouge's voice echoes out of the phone in Amy's hand, a human's phone, but it's efficient. The Mobians and Humans over the years have adapted to one another, since their worlds couldn't seem to part (They've tried going back to Mobius, but certain events led to a shared world between the two species; Mobius is still accessible). The bat coos, "Please! I've been stuck in GUN headquarters for about five hours, doing absolutely nothing, while miss-priss of an agent discusses political issues with the President. I have no use being here."

"That sucks," Amy says. She almost asks where Shadow was, but bites her tongue. "So you coming here or are we meeting at the Ice cream place?"

"You can go on ahead, honey. I have about five minutes until I'm excused." Rouge grunts, and Amy can visualize her rubbing her hands against her temples in boredom. 

Getting ready to head out, Amy grabs her necessities and walks out the door. The irony of the situation weighed on her shoulders, and Amy smiles; it was not a fond smile. She wore her classic red dress that day, a feeling of the moment, and each step on the pavement leading into the city reminded her of her past. The years she was young and wore the dress often. The years her, Sonic, Tails, Cream, and some others would walk on the same path just to get a scoop of ice cream. Just like she was now.