Re-thinking

3rd POV

"Amy, I was trying to tell you-" Cream pleads, but the hedgehog interrupts with a cry.

"Amy!" Comforting her friend, the bunny wraps her arms around Amy's frame and gives a slight squeeze, making sure not to hug the breath out of her; she was already loosing breath from crying.

"I'm so stupid..!" Amy wails, pulling Cream off and shoving her face into her satin pillow. "I. Am. So. Stupid."

"Amy, you aren't stupid."

"You did try to tell me." She says through the pillow. "I almost hated you for a year because you kept saying he doesn't like me."

"Tails told me because him and Sonic talk to each other. They're like brothers as to where we're like sisters." Positioning herself onto an elbow, Amy looks at cream with blood-shot eyes, "Of course we are sisters."

"And they are brothers."

"I'm so confused now. How did we get from 'It's not your fault' to 'they are brothers'?" Amy laughs, wiping her nose with the back of her hand. "I need to go out. It's been a day."

"One full day inside the house is so unhealthy." Cream mocks.

"You know what I mean. I was thinking on calling Rouge. She said yesterday over the phone that today was an off day." Amy stands up and grabs Cream as well, walking to her closet to grab some clothes to wear out. "We could go see a movie or chill at her house."

"That sounds like fun, Amy. I hope you weren't thinking of me coming along, not that I don't like her or you, but I have a lunch thing with Tails."

"Alright." She replies after pulling out a black and red sundress, the waist furring out after hugging it's owner's frame. It had a sweet-heart neckline (strapless), and Amy had only worn it once. It's quite surprising actually, because Amy has a red dress very similar that she used to wear almost every day.

"Good choice. But what if you go to the movies?" Cream asks, admiring the piece of cloth.

"Then I'll look good eating popcorn in stained seats." She jokes, and the two continue getting ready.

XXX

Amy was standing in her kitchen, the sun's rays shun through her windows which made their curtains luminous. Cream had just left, and she was trying to call Rouge to see if she was available today.

"The bat's here." Rouge says suavely on the other line. Amy complies, "And the hedgehog's looking for your hot mess."

"Damn girl, preach it." They both laugh for a second before Rouge says, "What's up, Sweetheart?" She wasn't much older than Amy, but she called almost everyone 'sweetheart'. It really suits her.

"Do you have plans? I was thinking we could spend some time together. I need a new train of thought." She did. Amy spend yesterday crying, tissue boxes emptied throughout her house, re-thinking her whole purpose in life. She kept thinking about Sonic, and the reasons he might not like her: was it her personality?

"GUN decided to sneak up on us, us meaning Shadow and me, this morning and we just finished."

"So, is that a yes or no?" Amy asks, putting the phone on her shoulder and playing with her quills. They had grown longer over the past years, but she kept them to a minimal.

"I say yes, but Shadow here says no." Rouge sighs and Amy can hear a silent 'humph' through the line.

"Shadow?"