Something New

3rd POV

She couldn't stop thinking about the night before. It was as if she were drunk then; only able to pick up pieces from her heated daze.

Shadow kissed her.

-or she kissed him.

All Amy's able to recall is really, really liking it. Liking the way Shadow kissed her, liking the way he held her, liking the way she melted into his grasp, and yet, took control in an untamed, raw passion. Liking the way Shadow looked at her when they pulled apart-

-she doesn't know what emotion was on Shadow's face, but she felt it. She felt it in the way he slid his hands down her back, onto her waist and kissed her forehead gingerly.

Amy sits in Rouges living room, drinking coffee and letting the warm mug steam her palms. She wanted to tell Rouge about last night, but she's struggling to find the right words to say.

Unfortunately Rouge notices her distress and calls her out for it. "Hon, you're making faces, what's on your mind to make you so flustered?" Rouge asks, placing her mug down in her lap. She raises an eye, flicking her ear in suspicion as Amy proceeds to flush more.

Amy breathes in and bites her lip.

"I kissed Shadow." She says quickly, heat rushing to her cheeks.

The bat's eyes widen, "Oh my god- when??" She gasps.

"Uhh, last night." Amy shifts her eyes around the room, but Rouge rolls her own and squishes the pink hedgehog's face between the palms of her hands.

"Your cute short answers aren't cutting it. Spill." She says, eyes staring daggers into Amy's. She was locked, and had no escape. Feeling her face warm up once again from the thought of her and Shadow, Amy blinks before hesitantly answering.

"Onb buh wast part of buh-" Amy attempts to say with her cheeks mushed. Rouge laughs and releases her. Smiling, Amy repeats. "It was after our last match, when you re-routed me away from your base and into the woods."

Nodding, Rouge sips her coffee, "I remember doing that. Sorry, by the way, for getting you lost... on purpose. I know that makes you uncomfortable. I tried changing the plan but the others were consistent. Shadow had agreed to get you as soon as the match was finished and--" Rouge gasps again, eyes wide with realization. 

Amy shrinks in herself once more, face burning from embarrassment.

"So that's when you guys locked lips~" The bat coos. Amy hides her face in the palms of her hands.

"Yeah." Amy squeaks. Laughing softly, Rouge leans forward and rubs the top of Amy's head reassuringly. 

"You guys are going to have to talk about this." The bat says to no one.  Amy takes a deep breath. 

She knows.

"It's not as convenient now that EggMan's retired, or whatever he's doing, because now I don't have an excuse to see him." Amy says. 

This was true. More so than none, Amy would meet up with Shadow during G.U.N missions, but now that their main target is out of the picture, those small moments where the two meet up outside of their jobs are really the only time they'll meet up now. If Amy were to start hanging out with him more in general, would Shadow think she was doing that only because they kissed?