Home Starbucks

A/N: This chapter is pretty lengthy...!

Amy's POV

My head throbbed with an aching pain, but so did my whole body. Rubbing my eyes with my ungloved hands-

Wait, why were my hands ungloved? 

Opening my eyes, which were quite foggy, it's hard to see my surroundings. The curtains were drawn down, but small gaps let in rays of light that gave the room an orange hue. Lifting myself up onto my elbows, I see I'm in a large bed with black sheets. I'm wearing the same dress I wore yesterday, except it reeked and it was awfully wrinkled.

A knock is sounded at the door and I jerk my head towards the sound. With how dark the room was, despite the sun poking out of the drapes, when the silhouette opened the door I squinted my eyes. Shadow closes the door behind him, takes a few steps and stands at the end of the bed. I can hear him breathe. It was oddly settling, but I was slightly uncomfortable. 

Was I at his house? What bed am I in?

"Hungover?" The ebony hedgehog asks me, and I swallow. I could see his eyes glowing through the dark, as if they were luminous. 

I grunt and firmly press my hand onto my temples, "Yes." My stomach turns and I suddenly see two Shadows across the room. Noticing my fatigue, Shadow walks up and hands me a glass that was hidden behind his back; or just in his hand because it's too dark to tell where he had it. He gingerly sits on the edge of the bed.

"Drink this." His eyes piercing, I agree and pull the cup to my lips. I snort.

"What the hell, this isn't drinkable. Get this away from me." I shove it into his chest, but not too rashly because that would've been rude. Shadow shakes his head, at least I think so. My eyes were gradually adjusting to the dark.

He takes hold of my wrist, "Just drink it." My hangover really did hurt, maybe drinking this nasty drink would help. What do I have to loose at the moment? Shadow releases his grip and places the glass back into my palm. Forcing myself to take a few sips, the silence held in the room was unbearable.

"Um," I cough, "What happened last night?" 

Shadow sighs. "I'm not sure. I lost both of you around eleven." 

I finish the drink Shadow gave me and surprisingly I felt a little better. He takes the glass and stands up, walks to the door and opens it. Gratefully, my eyes didn't sting as much as before with the light, but I still squint.

"Meet us down in the living room." Shadow says, face nonchalant, and I watch him exit the dark room. It was nice of him to help us, I didn't necessarily feel wanted this past week.

XXX

3rd POV

Amy borrowed a blanket that was on the edge of the bed she slept on and wrapped herself in it. Exiting the room, it was most definitely Shadow's house. Makes sense that she was here, he was the designated driver. Walking down the stairs, she hears muffled noises and smells a rich coffee scent. Rouge should be here too, unless he took her home. Shadow doesn't know where Amy lives, but if he did she'd be surprised. 

Walking into the living room, she sees the two mobians sitting at a table in the kitchen; Rouge, too, has a blanket wrapped around herself and a coffee cup placed in her hands. Amy suddenly felt the urge to drink the dark liquid.

Shadow notices the pink hedgehog and he raises his eyebrows. Rouge turns around and smiles.

"Hey, Darling. How you feeling?" She winks, but it wasn't flirtatious as much as it was concern. Amy takes a seat next to the bat, gives her a brief hug, and hums when Shadow places a mug of coffee in front of her as well.