Rain

3rd POV

Amy exaggeratingly groans as she sulks in front of her bedroom window.

It was raining.

Again.

And it's only been an hour since she was at the beach. 

Groaning once more, Amy spins on her heels and plops onto her bed, wining into the bed sheets until she's out of breath. Ears flicking, Amy rotates her head to look at her phone that was next to her; screen lit with a notification.

Amy feels like a noodle.

Dragging an arm to her phone, she checks the screen to see... Cream calling.

Cream was calling her.

Snapping out of whatever daze she was in, Amy hops upright on her bed and hesitantly hits answer, "Hello?"

There's a pause, and Amy isn't sure whether to hang up or wait, but then she hears a muffled noise and Cream speaks up, "Uh- Hey Amy."

So many emotions cross her mind: awkward, nervous, excited, guilt, but the main one is confusion. "What's up?" Amy asks, deciding to see what the bunny's intentions are.

"I was, uh, hoping we could talk? I have a lot of things i need to clear up between you and me, and I'm sad and want us to be friends again? Uh- if you want that is..." Cream's voice is soft, uncertain and Amy feels her gut sink a little further with every word. She missed her too. It was unmistakable, they've been friends for as long as she can remember; Cream is practically her other half of a sister.

A small smile spreads across Amy's lips, "I'd like that."

"Really?" Cream squeaks on the other line. "How about in half an hour, my house? I understand if you can't, I know its such a short notice..."

"It's cool, Cream. I'll see you in thirty." And with that, Amy hangs up the phone-

-and falls back onto her bed with a floof.

What a day.

The sight of Cream's house is the first click. Amy swallows the lump in her throat and she steps up to her friend's door. Knocking on the door is the second click. Clenching her hands into fists, Amy fights the shakiness that's running through her body. The last click is when Cream opens the door; face flush and eyes wide.

"I'm so sorry!"

"I'm sorry!" They both cry. Closing the space between them, Amy hugs the bunny tightly with the hopes of never letting go.

Cream breaks their hug.

"I've been so ignorant and blind and stupid this whole time and i'm so sorry I caused this drift between us!" She wails, wiping her eyes with the sleeve of her sweatshirt. Amy rests her hands on Cream's shoulders.

"I'm sorry for shutting you and the others out as quickly as i did. I should've explained myself sooner." Amy says, eyes tearing up as well. 

Looking up at her friend, Cream giggles, wiping her eyes another time, "Friends?"

"Friends." Hugging it out again, both girls laugh and hug one another tighter. Amy frowns, which causes Cream to tilt her head.

"What's wrong?"

"I still have to resolve things with Tails." Amy sighs. Perking up, Cream gasps.

"He's in the house now if you want to talk to him! I'll be right by your side in case you need my say! I know he has an apology somewhere in that thick skull of his." She smiles, and Amy remembers how giddy Cream is; she's such a bright girl.