Encore

A/N: Sorry its been like... forever since my last chapter came out but I've had a difficult time writing these past two parts. They're a little different from the normal 3k chapts but i guess i have to put some suspenseful drama somewhere ':D I almost cut this section in half to post but i'm not straying away from my lengthy updates lol (though this is still a shorter chapter)

3rd POV

Sonic curses, "There has got to be a way!" He stands up and paces, tapping his finger against his chin. On the ground, the others lean over Shadow's body.

Rouge sighs, "We always seem to lose him up here."

"Are we not going to discuss the fact that Eggman created a child and that some of us already knew about it?" Sally asks. She turns and stares pointedly at Amy who flushes with shame. She lowers her head, hands gently resting atop of Shadow's bicep.

Tails pulls away from Knuckles' grip and brings a finger to his chin, "Yeah. You three seemed to have known about this whole 'child' creating situation."

Rouge groans, "You guys, this isn't the time to start drilling us. We need to figure out a way to revive Shadow before it's officially too late to save him." Everyone agrees and starts discussing ways they could possibly wake their friend.

Looking back at the shattered container the ebony hedgehog was just in, Amy spots something glittering in the back corner of the tube. Crouching up, Amy crawls over, swiping class out of her path and gasps. It was Shadow's red emerald. In an instant, an Idea forms in Amy's mind and she hastily picks up the emerald.

"Guys, look what i just found." Amy says, thoughts swirling. The group hovers over Shadow's body as Amy holds out the emerald. "Hear me out, I think I know how we can save Shadow."

"Well don't leave us hanging, tell us!" Sally quips, planting a hand onto her knee. With this command, Amy swallows. 

"Remember the last time the couple of us were up here on the Ark?" Amy starts, rotating the red emerald between her palms. "Sonic and Shadow both went into super form in order to save Earth from the cannon. We thought Shadow died but he didn't. He survived. What if... What if we use all the emeralds to bring him back?"

They ponder Amy's idea. No one knew if it would work. The chaos emeralds were unpredictable at best.

Sonic huffs, "I have the other six emeralds on me." Amy lights up to his response.

"Its the only solution we have thought of. We have to at least try!" Cream says. 

The group nods in unison and Amy hands over the ruby emerald. She watches intently as Sonic places the other six on the floor around him and Shadow. He's still on his knees, hands resting on his legs and he closes his eyes in concentration. Around them, each emerald starts to glow more vibrantly than the last and the colors display themselves amongst worried faces. Amy squints when a flash goes off. Opening her eyes, she sees Sonic glowing before her with golden fur and piercing red eyes. There was an aura emanating off of him and Amy was awed by its compelling atmosphere. 

She blinks. Noticing Sonic's line of attention, she brings her down to Shadow who still lies pale. 

"C'mon, Hon.." Rouge whispers. A few more seconds pass and the hopes of Shadow coming back start to wither. Sonic frowns and frustratingly surges the shared power between them, but he's already looking tired.

"He's not going to have much longer." Knuckles says, noticing Sonic's fatigue as well. Amy bites her lip. He woke up last time, what is different now? Is there simply not enough to bring back his life?