Not a date

A/N: It's been SEVEN chapters and now the Shadamy is taking place. I'm not even a little sorry for your wait because there is so much that'll happen later to make up for it.

3rd POV

Amy and Rouge where shopping for some nice clothes, a special event was occurring and GUN was sending them to two to keep watch. It was told to be the largest party, coming only once a year.

Rouge gasps, "Is this too revealing? Maybe I can pull it off, open backs are my friends." She was holding a black skater dress that was hemmed lower to where it hung just above the ground; the back open and extra cloth resting on the arch of her back. Amy was awe-struck.

"Oh my God, you're so beautiful! Hot damn, Rouge!" Amy smiles, a hand to her chest. 

"I think this is the dress." She finalizes, extending her prune wings and rotating herself in the mirror. Almost an hour into shopping and the bat finds the perfect dress. Any princess would ditch fluffy gowns for this dress. Turning around, Rouge asks, "Okay, now for your dress."

It took nearly two and a half hours, but the two girls eventually found Amy the right dress. One that wasn't too slutty, yet wasn't too shielded.

Looking at herself in the mirror, Amy knew this was her. It had her name written all over it, and others would beg to differ. The new Amy was bold, more charismatic, a mature woman, and she was proud to be that.

It was a red, bud silk lace sleeved dress with a fitting waist that fit nicely around her figure; roses ironically placed around the rim of the waist as well. It had a sweetheart neckline, which Amy favored, and the fact it was red made it all the merrier.

"Yes! I'm so excited to go to this party now! You look smoking, sweetheart!" Rouge claps, raising her eyes to check the pink hedgehog once over. 

After buying both dresses, which where so expensive they were glad GUN was paying for everything because they would've been broke, they head to Amy's house to place both items. It was Friday and the party was on Monday, so they decided to leave the dresses at Amy's since nothing much happens in her town.

XXX

The next night, Amy gets a distress call from Rouge. Answering the call, she asks, "Are you alright? What's wrong, where are you, I'm coming."

"No! I'm in distress, it is an emergency, but tragically its not about dying. Much." She says through the line. Amy sighs.

"What's wrong?" Amy asks, still concerned.

"I wont be able to come to the party on Monday!" Rouge wails.

"Why?" Sitting down on her couch, glass of red wine (bought and given to by her sad friend) in her palm and phone in the other, Amy listens to the disappointing information. Personally, she didn't want to go alone, because last year's party almost half of the building was gassed.

"Family emergency. My grandfather died, and I didn't even know the bat! My mama says its mandatory to come, bond or not." Rouge says. "Luckily for you, a certain someone is going to be your date!"

Amy tilts her head, even though no mobian is around to see her, "What? Who?"

"Shadow! GUN didn't want a human to be your partner in the mission, so they set you up on a date!" Amy's face flushes, the thought of her going on any date made her uneasy. She's had a mindset of herself for the past six months, and Rouge calling a mission a date was going to make it awkward.