Capture the Flag

3rd POV

G.U.N missions were getting more sporadic ever since the last one. And while they were more spaced out, they became more difficult. Just because Dr. Eggman decided to call it quits, didn't mean his army would. He just left them at any base or area he controlled, and they were still on patrol; made to kill.

The little time Amy spends on G.U.N missions gives her more freetime. This means hanging out with Rouge and Shadow more-- even Sonic, Cream and Tails were on her list of people to talk to.

About once a week, Sonic would ask Amy if she wanted to come "hang out" or "get out of town". She was skeptical, considering they just reunited as friends, that he would want to hang out more.

Speaking of hanging out more-

Amy looks down at her phone, its vibrations cause her to hastily answer the call.

"Answer any sooner and I'd consider you desperate." Rouge chuckles.

"Please~ If anything, you're the one who's desperate." Amy adds, "Why didn't you just message me?"

"I'm too lazy to text. It's more fun talking anyway."

"Alright. So what's up?" Amy was in her bedroom at the moment. She paces the floor, glancing outside her window every often, then to her closet doors. Walking around was good, considering she'd been in bed all morning and wanted to stand up at least once before noon.

"How do you feel about Capture the Flag?" Rouge asks. Her tone suggests something, but Amy doesn't catch it. Instead, she shrugs, "It's a fun sport, as long a you have enough people. Why?"

"Okay! Well, it's a long story sweetheart, but what went down is that about a week ago, there was a human fundraiser event to where they played Capture the Flag. And I was talking with Vector the other day," The bat coughs, "may or may have not been asking for a certain wolf's number- anyway, he said him and Charmy were planning on doing their own!"

"No way!" Amy laughs.

"I know! But the twist is, they gotta have enough people to make teams. If we don't, then no game." Rouge finishes. Amy takes a second to think about it. Who would go? Who was even around during this time? It was the middle of spring, so maybe a few.

"Who so far has been notified, or accepted?" She asks.

Rouge clicks her tongue.

"You wouldn't believe..." she mutters. Then, "Pretty much everyone except you, Shadow, and some other lame Mobian called Knuckles."

Amy was shocked. On second thought, no she wasn't. That echidna was glued to his Master Emerald. "C'mon, Knuckles should be coming. Why haven't you talked to him yet?" Amy asks, knowing the answer.

"Uh..." Rouge nervously laughs before adding, "Because I was avoiding him?"

"Rouge."

"Fine! Jeez, you're quite the tail-puller today, hot stuff. It's because I was busy talking with Vector-  not just for the Wolf guy's number, but mainly for the event! I swear i'll get to talking with Knuckles." Amy hears Rouge sigh.

"Okay. So while you're doing that, I'll go persuade Shadow in coming?" Amy asks again, knowing the answer to this question as well.

"Ooooh~yes girl, go persuade that dark knight." Rouge swoons across the line. Amy could basically feel the shit-eating grin on her face.

"Alright, quit it. Now go persuade your own knight. Call me when you're done, i need the info for when this event takes place." Rouge agrees, says goodbye, and ends the call.