Ark

A/N: Okay it's been a little while since my last chapter but this one is long...... so enjoy >:3

3rd POV

Amy struggled to fall asleep. Everything in her life seemed to be speeding up and it's a matter of time before she falls off the bandwagon. But what was also keeping her up was yet another storm that was passing by the town. The weather has been a frequent, but this one particularly has been the worst. Relentless thunder and lightning, high winds, strong rain, Amy was beginning to grow very tired. Not only that, the storm kept clicking on her window.

Tap... Tap... THUNK.

Jolting out of her sheets, Amy looks at her window. She doesn't see anything other than pouring rain and a sudden flash of light illuminating the sky. Her heart was pounding and the sudden thought that she wasn't alone makes her skin scrawl. What could've hit her window to make that noise? Hesitantly, Amy squares up and decides to inspect the area. If she was going to die, now would be it.

Amy stands in front of her window wrapped in her blankets. Her quills are a mess so she kept having to move them out of her view. She begins hearing the clicking noise again, so Amy steps closer. Holding her breath and clutching her blanket even further-

THUNK

Amy jumps back from the shock. Staring at her window, the rain repeatedly spraying against the glass. Amy sighs. It was the tree in front of her house. It was the stupid tree. How did she forget about a tree that was so obviously placed in the front of her house?

"I need to sleep" She mutters to herself. Turning around Amy sharply inhales. On her floor , soaking wet and trembling was- "Shadow!" Quickly tearing the blanket off her body, she wraps it around his. Amy runs to her bed to grab another blanket. Shadow sits on his knees, body bent down and head resting on shaking fists. Drawing the second blanket on top of the hedgehog, Amy suddenly gets the feeling she's seen this before.

Seen this behavior before.

Resisting the urge to question Shadow, Amy falls to her knees to comfort him. She rubs his back, and resting her head on his, whispers soothing coos to help calm him.

After another ten minutes, Amy notices Shadow's stopped shaking. He is more tame than earlier and Amy takes this as a signal to further her care.

Gently sliding her hands to either side of his head, she gradually lifts him to face her. He isn't looking at her; eyes focused elsewhere, Amy observes the broken hedgehog. He looks tired. It was a simple investigation but Amy knew there was more to the story.

She gingerly rests her head on his once again, this time saying something in hush. "Are you okay?"

No response.

Mentally rolling her eyes at herself, Amy decides to save the questions for later. Right now, she needed to get him something warm to put into his system.

Amy guides them up onto their feet; her arms gently bracing Shadow's body in case he collapses down her stairs. Placing him on the couch, Amy hastily makes a cup of hot chocolate ( caffeine free so he doesn't stay up all night). Peering every so often, Shadow continues to sit , back facing Amy.

Amy ponders, how come there was a familiarity to this whole demeanor? As if being punched in the gut, Amy realizes Shadow was probably having another episode, and came to her because she was the only one he could go to.

Her heart sank. What unfortunate timing.

The coco finished, and Amy carries the mug into her living room where Shadow collects himself. Amy watches as his eyes turn to face hers, and a look of both sorrow and relief spreads across his features. Amy holds the mug tighter, scared it would fall from her overwhelming emotions.