Back Again

3rd POV

"Take a left, SweetHeart." Amy hears in her com. Three mobians stand at the end of the T. Spawning her hammer, Amy jumps and swings the weapon strait one's head. After impact, the body sprawls to the second mobian; both of them clashing against the wall behind.

The last one stood. 

Pulling out their gun, Amy hastily jerks her wrist and hits the machine. Left defenseless, the Mobian is struck to the ground along with the other two. 

Taking a left at the T, Amy avoids stepping on any limbs while she runs down the halls.

XXX

It's been five months since Amy first saw a mobian kill another. After that, Rouge took Amy under her wing and was by her side throughout every mission. Not all undercover/missions were a gory mess, but it was a surprise on how many would come up. Eggman was GUN's top priority, aside from getting some Emeralds and simple crimes, so he saw Amy's face more than others. It only took a month for the pink hedgehog to get used to her new lifestyle, and she wasn't planning on going back anytime soon.

Amy continued to live in her house, but it was difficult to keep to herself when her past life begged for her to return. About two months in, Cream sent her a message saying she realized that the bump in their friendship was her fault, and that they should meet up for tea. Amy didn't come. The fact that it took two months to apologize really hurt Amy, and she didn't think a true friend would take that long.

Three months in, Amy grew bondingly-close with Rouge and Shadow. Since Amy was already best friends with the bat, Shadow was her achievement. Other than his dark exterior and self keeping, he was a very interesting mobian. Over time, Amy learned why Rouge hung out with him. Being the "Ultimate Life form" comes with prices, and Amy was sympathetic to hear his stories.

Going over to either Rouge's house, Shadow's house, or Amy's house became a ritual almost every weekend. The three worked together when GUN assigned something new. Amy was too grateful to have help with her new start to a new life.

A month ago, Knuckles finally confessed to Rouge. Unfortunately for the echidna, she declined but afterwards it seemed as if nothing changed. She was just as flirtatious, just as sassy, and just as sly around him. Amy was spending the night at Rouge's when she asked why the bat said no. Rouge just wasn't sure if she was ready for a commitment with him. She loved how they were, her teasing him, infuriating him, joking with him, fighting with him. If they got into a relationship, the tables would turn and he'd want to protect her, throw himself out of line more than he never has.

That leaves yesterday, on her first mission alone; not technically. Rouge was guiding Amy through the building. They were gathering information about a secret weapon Low-point was making. Low-point is a group of mobians who steal dangerous objects to make them more of a threat.

XXX

Amy wakes up to a familiar buzzing noise, and groggily drags her arm to her phone. Turning it on, she scrolls down to find about twenty texts from Cream; all either asking for forgiveness or to get together. 

Ignoring the bunny, Amy lifts herself to her knees and rubs her eyes. What time was it? She turns her phone back on, it's ten o'clock. She climbs out of bed to brush her teeth, put some clothes on, and starts her day.

A/N: I know this was a short chapter (compared to the others), but I have PLANS for the next one, let me tell you.... nvm, no spoilers.

Comment if you wanna side chapter about Rouge and Knuckles! Of course they have a story, but it's a SIDE one, and this is a ShadAmy based fanfic.

. . . but ShadAmy isn't here yet..... so let me know! Again, comment if you want me to add a side chapter about their little "fiasco" of romance. If not, ignore this and wait for the next chapter.