Ooze the walls

3rd POV

Amy had a quiet morning that day. Going shopping for food, practicing with her Piko-Piko hammer out on the beach (hitting rocks into the ocean), and cleaning her house. Amy's recently been learning new techniques and angles to attack her foes.

She places her mug of milk on the coffee table and picks up her phone, her tv on commercial.

"What's today?" Amy mutters aloud. It's been a rough week. Staring at her screen, the date says Friday a long with a few texts from Rouge. Anything the hedgehog looked at caused her to zone out; blank out. It was odd, but she wasn't sure why. It was as if anything could hit pause to her. When her show continues to play, Amy ignores it and reads her chat.

Shadow's tonight for movies

meet up at 5

Odd, Amy thinks. Shoving it past, she finishes her episode before getting dressed and heading over to his house.

XXX

Standing in front of Shadow's door, Amy raises her hand to knock. She rests her knuckles on the dark wood, but stops. Narrowing her eyes, she notices the door opening and gasps. Maybe he left it open for us. Trying to keep calm, Amy pulls out her Piko hammer and holds it by her side, she enters the house.

The surroundings were horrifying. Walls were scratched, curtains were torn, and there was blood everywhere. It was spread all over the floor, Amy saw some lined against the walls as if something scratched it. She flicks her ears, listening for any sounds throughout the house. A clatter is sounded and she silently walks up the stairway, blood dripping off the steps. Is Shadow being attacked? Did someone die?

She makes her way along the carpets, following a trail of red liquid. Amy recognizes one room, the one she was put in by Shadow, and feels her chest tighten. The blood led straight into there. She tightens her grip on the piko-piko hammer, knuckles growing white from fear, and she steps inside.

Amy turns her head, ready to strike whomever's causing this mess. She lifts her hammer until a shift in the dark causes her to stop. Hunched over a dresser is Shadow; body trembling and gloved fists torn and bloody. He ignores her, or so Amy thinks.

Spawning her hammer away, she gradually steps closer the the hurt hedgehog. Did someone attack him? How could they, he's the ultimate life form? He's shaking violently.

Amy hovers behind him, hesitant, and tenderly places a hand on his shoulder. She takes the other and rests it stop of a hand, careful not to hurt his fresh wounds. She peers down to see the hedgehog more clearly. He looks lost, his eyes quivering and a painful look spread across his face.

Did he do all of this?

Shadow stands up and stares at Amy. It was as if he was crying for help and she wraps her arms over his shoulders, digging her head under his chin. He was broken. She needed to know why. Shadow didn't move for a second, but hastily returns the gesture; fingers digging into her shoulder blades. He still shook, and Amy starts rubbing circles on his back quills to help calm him down.

Both ears twitching, they hear a fluttering sound and know it's Rouge. How long had they been holding each other?

In a red blur, Amy watches the house being refurnished. The blood was being cleaned, curtains were renewed, and any wholes in the walls were covered. She hears the door bell ring.

"Hey! I brought extra movies incase we changed our minds." Rouge says, barely audible from where Amy was listening. Everything seemed just like it was before, yet it wasn't. She couldn't get the images out of her head, and trying to didn't seem right.

Amy runs her hand down the stair rail, remembering when it was once morbid and dripping a thick ooze. Rouge notices her.

"Hey, looking good, Sweetheart!" She says suavely. The pink hedgehog steps off the final step and greets her friend.

"Hi!" Amy says, smiling as best she could. Rouge was dressed in shorts and a slim T-shirt that fit her nicely; she was comfortable. Shadow was wearing a new vest, one that wasn't torn and wrinkled.

They need to discuss before,  just when...

Rouge takes Amy's hand and leads them into the living room to watch tv. With the sun shining through the windows the couches and antiques shun brightly, almost heavenly. She didn't understand. Amy frowns slightly.

"Alright, so I brought three horror movies, one action, and two comedies."Rouge spreads them out along the coffee table to display. They look through the discs, picking out the ones they didn't want. How can I focus on movies when I have something else crowding my mind? Eventually, the three mobians come to a conclusion of a comedy.

Amy sits next to Rouge while Shadow sits in the same left-seat as before. What should she do? Amy always knew the hedgehog was dark, interior and out, but coming into his house today was disturbing. She'd gotten used to gore, more or less, and it wasn't like Amy was frightened. She was, but not as much as she could've been.

Glancing over at the ebony hedgehog once or twice, Amy ignores the movie and zones out once more; today's earlier problems coming back to bite her in the arse. She needs to know what the hell happened, and how she could help. She excuses herself out of the room and stands by the staircase, fingers pressing against her temple in thought. 

A slight breeze pulses against Amy's fur, and small comfort is granted. When she opens her eyes, Amy jumps to see Shadow standing centimeters away, eyes a luminous crimson. He hovers above her, face deadpan and he wearily grasps her arms.

"You can't say a word about before, swear on it." He whispers sharply. Amy inhales.

"Tell me what that was about." She whispers back. Something was nagging in the back of her mind, but she couldn't tell what. She wasn't scared. Wasn't nervous or curious. Maybe a little curious. Amy steps forward just slightly, aware of their situation. She wanted, needed, to know his crisis.

"Now's not the time, Rose." Shadow hisses, glancing towards the living-room entrance to watch out for a certain bat. He turns his head back to Amy and sighs, a stern look turning into guilt. "Please. I'm sorry you saw that."

"Yeah." Amy says.

"Why the hell were you here so early?" Shadow mutters, backing away from the pink hedgehog, releasing his grip and folding his arms across his chest. "I told Rouge six."

Amy curses under her breath, "She told me five." Shadow hmphs.

"Stay after movies." He says in hush-tone, then walks back to where Rouge awaits. Amy grunts. She didn't exactly zone out, but Amy wasn't fully aware of herself. The feelings that surged through her body were unknown, and she intended to figure them out.:

A/N: Sorry for such a late post, I was having difficulties with this chapter for some reason. It's a little short but i'll make up for it :D