Chapter 2: Beacon Academy - Arrival

A few months ago, Eclipse POV

So, now that I told you about my early life, let's continue with the second incident that changed my view of the world. 

My graduation from Signal Academy...

It was only a few months ago and it should be one of my best days. As one of the best students in my class, I was very happy, and I was even better than Zure! During the graduation in the big auditorium of Signal Academy were all the parents of my fellow classmates but also the classes of the first, second and third year. I looked through the crowd of proud parents to see if my parents also came. And what do you think? Did they come? YES! Of course, they weren't there! But honestly, I'm neither surprised by this nor am I angry at them. Only a bit sad that Auntie couldn't come but she has more important things to do so I forgave her but I will call her if she doesn't do it. 

it was in the evening as I sat on one of the many chairs with the other students of the fourth school year. The ceremony of handing over the papers, which will tell us that we successfully graduated, was on a  huge stage where everyone could see us. After many other students, my name was called by the headmaster of Signal. This moment should become the best moment in my life, the moment I've been working towards all these years, but fate had other plans for me. As I was walking to the headmaster, the doors to the auditorium opened, and non-other than my 'great'  brother stepped in. Naturally, every attention was now his as every student of the lower classes but also some of the fourth years rushed to him. I on the other hand sighed but still continued my way to the headmaster. The headmaster looked first at me then at my brother and then back to me and sighed frustrated. The headmaster gave me my papers followed by a handshake to congratulate me on my success and spoke something that brought me at least a bit of solace.

"Well done, my boy."

He then gave me a soft clap on my shoulder and I returned back to my seat but before I sat down on my chair again, I decided to leave the auditorium and return back to my home, seeing that it would be pointless to stay any longer when Zure is there...

Present time, Eclipse POV

"Well, that was it! The second incident that showed me the truth of the world we live in. But now that you know everything about that, let's start with the real story!"

???: "..."

"Huh? The hidden power of my black sword? Ah, yes. I unlocked it and it was actually a pretty useful power, but I don't want to spoiler that. I will tell the secret of the Xuanyuan Sword once we made it to the point of the story!"

A few months ago, Eclipse POV

So, I returned to the apartment that my dear Auntie Hime bought me. At first, I made myself something to eat, I didn't have had anything in the last 6 hours and I expected to get something from the buffets but well, thanks to Zure I had to eat alone. Actually, it wasn't that bad since I know that if I eat at home or at the graduation party wouldn't make any difference. I both cases I would eat alone. Yeah, I don't have friends and to be honest, I couldn't stand most of the other students, but it was okay for me. I wanted to make some pizza in the oven but before I could do it, my scroll ringed. It was my dear aunt who called me.

Hime: "Heeeey, how was the graduation?", she asked in a happy voice.

"Well, good except for the fact that Zure appeared in the exact moment when I received the papers..."