Chapter 5: Friends?

A few months ago, Eclipse POV

I didn't have heard anything from auntie Hime last night, I just hope that her boss showed some mercy and didn't demolished her to oblivion... But anyway a new day and I'm on my way to the first class of the day, of course being over 20 minutes too early. The first class this day is history with Dr. Oobleck. I stood in front of the class and since it was open I entered the room. Inside the room was Dr. Oobleck, a man with a white shirt and yellow tie and green hair and some glasses, but he wasn't alone. Next to him stood our teacher for Grimm science, Port. It seems like they had a conversation.

"Good morning, Dr. Oobleck and prof. Port. Sorry if I disturbed your conversation."

Oobleck: "Not at all, and good morning to you as well, Mr. Vermilion! But you are quite early, I must say."

Port: "Well you were also early when we first met."

"I just want to be a good student. Also, I think it's better to come earlier than to be late."

Oobleck: "I see, well that's a good attitude you have. If I remember your brother, he came always late for every class and showed absolutely no interest in it. The only exception was the Combat Class of Ms. Goodwitch."

Port: "I can only agree with that. Always sleeping in classes, always forgetting his homework, and no respect for authorities!"

Yeah, Zure never really cared for that as he always had the opinion that he as a super star doesn't has to fear any consequences...

Oobleck: "I still wonder how he could graduate... You know, from what prof. Port told me, I'm glad that you aren't like him."

Wait, stop! Did he just said that he's glad that I'm not like my bother, for real!? That's seriously the first time that someone said this to me except for my auntie!

"Thank you Dr. Oobeck! You don't know how much this means to me..."

After I said this the door opened and a few students entered the classroom. I then sat in the first row and prepared myself for the lesson. After a while, every student arrived, and even team RWBY and JNPR made it before 9 am. Dr. Oobleck had a pretty interesting topic prepared for his lessons, the war between Hoomans and Faunus. He told us that this must sound like ancient history, but actually, it was very recent. Especially when you look at the current situation on Remnant, then you can clearly see the consequences. As the lesson continued, Oobleck asked us about the battle at Fort Castle, which I think has a dumb name, and what advantages the Faunus had over the Human forces. If I remember correctly, the leader on the human side wanted to attack them at the night but the problem is that nearly every Faunus has night vision. I looked around and saw several students thinking about it while others were asleep, like Jaune. 

Oobleck: "Mr. Winchester, what's your answer?"

Winchester... Cardin, that one guy who bullies Jaune, and Faunus. His answer will probably be something-

Cardin: "Well, it's easier to train an animal than a soldier."

- something dumb. Yeah, that was what I was expecting. Luckily, I wasn't the only one who didn't like his comment.

Pyrrha: "You aren't the most open-minded person, aren't you Cardin?"

I then saw him tossing a paper at Jaune who waked up because of that. Unfortunately, Oobleck wanted now him to answer the question. Jaune struggled hardly with answering the question, but Pyrrha tried to help him by mimicking binoculars. She probably means night vision but it looks like binoculars and so Jaune thought it was the latter...