Chapter 7: First Contact - Part 1

A few weeks ago, Beacon Academy, Eclipse POV

It has been a week since the field trip occurred and now, the preparations for the Vytal Festival, a great festival that is celebrated for the peace between the four kingdoms, were in full swing. And today on Friday, we have only half the day in the school so we could go around the city as most of the shops in Vale are already selling their Vytal Festival stuff because the students from the other Huntsmen Academies are arriving today, at least most of them. Since we only have from 9 am to 13 pm,  and our first lesson was with Dr. Oobleck, he decided to write an exam in the first lesson instead of continuing with the next historical topic. It wasn't hard to solve, most of the questions were rather simple and could be easily answered if you have listened to him. 

After we finished the exam, we made our way to the arena as our next and last lessons for this day were only Combat Class with Ms. Goodwitch and Zure. I was walking together with the usual group, which means RWBY and JNPR, we had some conversations about different topics, but I then felt someone walking behind me and looked behind to see Yang slightly shivering as she was inside the zone around me where you could feel my very low body temperature.

"Yang? Why are you so close to me?"

Yang: "I-I just wanted to test out how cold it's around you." She said trying her best to not visibly shiver.

"Yang, I told every one of you that my body is -30 degrees cold."

Yang: "I know but, I didn't have expected that it's that cold!"

Weiss: "Yang, sometimes I don't understand what you have in your head..." 

That's something I asked myself for almost my entire life when meeting people.

Yang: "I bet you, Ice Queen, would turn into an Ice cube before coming even close to him as I! I mean you have nothing that could keep you warm!" She says while pointing at her chest and then at Weiss'.

Perhaps, feeling challenged, Weiss switched places with Yang and walked now next to me, and surprisingly she didn't begin to shiver, at least not immediately. 

Weiss: "I don't know what you have Yang. His body is -30 degrees cold then he has roughly the same temperature as the coldest civilized parts of Atlas, and if you haven't forgotten it, I lived my entire life in Atlas."

Ruby: "You sure are tougher than you look, Weiss!" 

I then decided to do the only reasonable thing... I will end this girl's whole career!

Weiss: "KYAAA!!!"

She shrieked when I touched her neck with my cold hand. I laughed as well as the rest of us because of my prank and I think I could even see a small smile on Ren's face. 

Weiss: "That was not funny!"

"Then why is everyone laughing?"

Weiss: "Why you!!!"

We then continued our way to the arena. As we entered the arena I could see Ms. Goodwitch talking with my brother... well more like she gives him some instructions, I wonder what they are talking about. As we wanted to sit down on one of the spectator seats, I wondered why we are the only ones here since at least one or two students have to be here as well. Luckily Ms. Goodwitch gave me the answer a moment later.

Goodwitch: "Students, please go and take your combat gear. This lesson will be practice only!"

I sighed at this... does she really has to do practice on Friday? But anyway, we did as she said and everyone got their weapon and outfit and returned to the spectator seats where we wait for the lesson to start. After a few minutes, Goodwitch began to speak and told us that we now have the chance to challenge each other in preparation for the Vytal Fest Tournament which caused every student to explode in joy and fighting spirit. Yes, the Vytal Fest Tournament... tournament where the four academies let their students fight in multiple rounds against each other. There will be 4 vs. 4 rounds, 2 vs. 2, and 1 vs. 1 fights. Age or school year is unimportant which means that you could come into the situation of being thrown into a fight as an inexperienced first-year student team against a far more experienced and coordinated team of fourth-year students, pretty unfair if you ask me but that's how life is. The arena for that will be the Amity Arena, an arena that can change the environment of the battlefield... it is a huge Beyblade. It's also worth noticing that the Festival that is based on the peace between the four kingdoms gets celebrated by a tournament in which the students of said kingdoms fight each other, I don't understand why we celebrate peace by fighting each other but if they think this is good then so be it.