33

Diamond Blake

I smiled at the TV as a picture of the great Los Angeles came on. I was only about 15 when I saw that, It wasn't new to me. Pearl and I had been joking about running away, but the more we talked about it, the more we actually wanted to. I'd only been there once, but I was still in my Mom's stomach then.

"Diamond. Take the trash out, I don't feel like doing it right now" My mom said as she threw the bag in my direction. I scowled and nodded.

As I picked up the bag and walked towards the door, I saw a man walk in past me. It was her boyfriend, Tommy. They called him Tommy on the streets, but his real name was Thomas Harlan. He was known for being a man hoe. He'd gotten about 4 girls on our block pregnant by now. He'd practically pushed me against the wall as he walked in and slapped my Mom's ass.

I had to avoid gagging if I didn't want to start another argument. As I walked off of our porch, I saw the kids next door playing. A boy named Tyler, who went to my school, was running around with them. He had a girlfriend though, she was older. About newly sixteen and already way more developed than me. She wore heavy makeup and eyeliner, that she botched but said it was her 'own look'.

That excuse worked though, because it caused almost every girl on the block to start doing their eyeliner like hers. Her name was Natasha, but everyone just called her Natty or Nat.

I walked back up onto the porch and tried to go back inside before Natty noticed me. She would always make fun of my hair because of how curly and fluffy it was. My Mom said that it was because her hair was thin from all that ironing and heat.

I noticed that the door was locked, I stuck my head in through the small doggy door and tried to get inside, but the questionable sounds coming from what sounded like MY ROOM was what kept me from even wanting to go inside.

I tried to pull my head out of the door, but I felt someone kick me further inside, causing the frame of the door to fall off. I pulled out quickly before the door crushed me. I looked behind me and saw Natty smirking at me. I started to breathe heavily until she pulled me up by my hair. I grabbed her hair and pushed her down, I started to punch her repeatedly. Blood started to run down her face until my Mom pulled me off of her and dragged me inside. I saw Tyler helping her up as my mom dragged me into the back room off my home.

"HOW THE FUCK DID YOU BREAK THE DOOR?!" She yelled.

"I didn't! Natty did, she kicked me-" I tried to explain.

"YOU LITTLE BITCH! DO YOU KNOW HOW FUCKING LONG IT'S GONNA TAKE TO RAISE THE MONEY TO FIX THAT DOOR?!" My mother yelled.

We went back and fourth screaming at each other. The whole neighborhood could probably hear us yelling at each other, but they could do that even when we had a front door.

"WHY DON'T YOU JUST LEAVE?! YOU'RE A WASTE OF DAMN MONEY, DIAMOND!" She yelled. "THAT'S ALL YOU EVER WILL BE"

I yelled violently and threw a book at the window, just to piss her off.

"YOU WANNA SEE A WASTE OF MONEY?! I'LL SHOW YOU A WASTE OF MONEY!" I said as a went around the house breaking things.

My mother chased after me, yelling loudly. She picked me up and tossed me onto the floor, causing me to hit my head. I crawled towards the cupboard and got up. My mom knew what I was reaching for, so she dragged me away from it. I kicked her hands off of me, causing her to break her finger.

She pulled me by my hair and smacked me until I gave up. I had scratches on my face from her acrylics and she had tears on her face too. I used my little legs to push her off, then I limped to the cupboard and reached for the Glock. I shot through the windows and walls until the bullets ran out. Then, I stood up and stared her in the face.

"NOW I'M A WASTE OF MONEY! AND YOU'RE A WASTE OF A MOTHER!" I screamed.

My mother panted as I limped away from her. I went into my room, which was actually clean. I saw a note on my bed that said 'I cleaned up for you, darling. Have a good night'.

I cried harder once I saw that letter. I dropped to the floor and laid there until the sun came up. There was so much pain in our relationship, but I lived with it.

The next day, Pearl came over to help clean up. I asked her if we could walk to the mall and forget about what happened. I knew that Mom would let me go, I didn't want to see her and she didn't want to see me.

It was okay though. Because I knew that, sooner or later....

I'd be out of that hell hole.

(Small chapter for y'all ☺️ dont come after me for my hiatus 🏃‍♀️💨)