Jackson - Chapter 20

Jackson

It has been about 5 days since I last saw Bre. The security detail I had surveillance her reported to me that she stayed mainly in her room besides going to the hotel spa or the hotel pool. I started to run out of patience when she called me to talk. She wanted to talk over the phone but I was able to convince her to have dinner.

I was excited to see her. I started to reminisce about the last time I saw her. She looked so disappointed in Namjoon and I. "I'll make sure to apologize." I said out loud to myself.

That's when I looked up and I saw a stunning queen walk into the restaurant. She looked perfect.

"Good evening." I said extending my hand towards her.

"Hello Mr. Wang." She replied placing her hand in mine.

I brought her hand up to my lip. "Really Mr. Wang?"

She looked down and begin to giggle.

She looked up at me. "Okay Jackson it is."

Once we had some small talk the waitress interrupted and showed us to our private table in the corner of the restaurant. It was secluded from everyone and had a beautiful view of the city.

I watched Bre as she observed the view.

"I thought you would like this table" I said smiling at her. I couldn't take my eyes off of her.

"I've never seen the city light up like this. This is nice Jackson. Thank you." She turned from the window and smiled. Looking at her smiling warmed my heart and it replaced the last image I had of her upset in her office.

"I'm glad you called me Bre. It felt like I've been waiting for that call for months." I said.

"I know Jackson. I'm sorry how things have played out up until now." Her voice was lower and I could hear sadness in her voice.

"Don't apologize. Let me apologize for what happened in your office. I never meant for something like that to happen, especially in a professional setting."

"I appreciate that apology Jackson. With that being said I don't like bringing this up but I need to know what issues you have with Joonie?"

I placed both of her hands in the middle of mine on the table, "I'm surprised he hasn't already told you but I don't mind telling you what happened. Joon and I had been friends before we joined the trainee program together. Well as I am sure you know, Joon has a temper and it flares when things don't go the way he wants." I looked up to see her reaction but there was none.

I continued, "I debut with my group prior to BTS even having all there members. After my group debute there was some misunderstanding about some of the songs we used on our album."

"What does that mean Jackson?" Bre asked.

"Well Joon claimed they were his songs."

"So you stole from him?" Bre tone was harsh.

"No it's not like that. They were songs that we wrote together and I wanted to give him credit but the company pressured me. I never meant for it to go down like that."

Bre pulled her hands from mine and put them on her lap. "But that's exactly what happened."

"Please understand that I tried to call Joon when it was decided to use the songs. But he was always busy and dodging my calls. JYP told me to know my place and they went forward with releasing the song before getting the proper authorization from Joon and Bighit. I realized I should have talked to him before sharing the songs but Joon was always dodging me. He was busy with his group and wouldn't even give me the time of day." My voice begin to crack. Even though Joon and I weren't getting along, I have always respected him as an artist and friend. It hurt me that we were at odds.