52 Do You Dirty

Jace POV

Intel is coming in steadily from the Guardians, though it paints a grim picture. Dimitri isn't even trying to hold his borders, he has everyone pulled in tight to the pack house and surrounding area. They are digging in, waiting for us to come to them. The good news is that by comparison, for all our faults, our blended packs are united.

Between the Guardians and Jess, we have a pretty accurate gauge of what's going on over there. Given enough time, it sounds like Dimitri’s packs and rogues will just rip each other apart. But no one is willing to leave Jess there for that long.

Having Sara back for training has lit a new fire under everyone's butts. Nex is back but his injured eye didn't heal right and he's angry, striking out at everyone. We've already done the main classes for today but are onto specific techniques with Mitchell from the Kismet pack. Until we can figure out how to overcome the lack of a master link across packs, we have to focus on blending the packs and cross training, something that Mitch has experience with.

The guy is stubborn as the day is long, but I have to give credit where credit's due, he has a sharp eye. His council warriors are like cookie cutter soldiers, not because warriors flunk out of his program but because he can tell right off the bat if they fit it or not.

Until Sara beat them so easy, he always considered weaker wolves to be useless. They were incompatible with his training program whereas Sara can look at someone's strengths and weaknesses and figure out how best to use them.

She has been working nonstop with Mila, who turns out isn't the hopeless case that Mitch makes her out to be. She's just not suited to his style. She is however, very well suited to Sara's feral monkey style of fighting. Being a former rogue, she is already scrappy. According to Sara, tweaking what Mila already knows to her program has been surprisingly easy, though her temper and outbursts are another matter.

"So I get B-and-B today?" Mila asks as her blue green eyes check me and Nex out. I can't help but chuckle as Nex and Mitch just scowl more. 

"This will be fun, I'll try not to mess your playboy face up too much," she says, trailing her finger under my chin. She breaks out in a triumphant grin as Mitch lets out a jealous growl.

"Likewise," I tease, rolling my shoulders as I loosen up.

"Excuse me?" Mitch asks, his stormy eyes darkening by the moment as he glares at me. I can't help but smirk and piss him off further.

It's too easy!

'You having fun, playboy?' Sara chides.

'Absolutely! He needs to learn to loosen up and stop being a control freak,' I reply. 'He's too used to calling the shots and things going his way that it's made him stiff, he needs to be more adaptable.'

"Don't worry Mitchy-poo," Mila drawls, flashing him a coy smile. "Once I'm done with pretty boy under me, I'll be happy to-"

"Mila!" Mitch growls, cutting her off. "Must you push all of my buttons?!" His stormy grey eyes swirl as his temper flares dangerously.

"But it's so fun and easy," Mila teases, batting her lashes.

"Glad you're having fun," Sara says as she takes measured steps towards Mitch. Mila’s eyes darken instantly as she realizes Sara and Mitch are partners.

"I thought we were fighting Betas today," Mila grumbles.

"Don't worry, I'll leave his face pretty for you," Sara teases, patting Mitch’s cheek. "Besides, it would be a shame to damage these cute dimples." Now it's Mila’s turn to let out a jealous growl.