28 One Big Happy Family

I wake up to Chris tracing aimless circles on my bare back. Sparks follow his fingers leaving goosebumps in their wake. It's bliss being tangled up with him, my head on his chest listening to the steady beating of his heart.

'How are you feeling?' He links, smiling down at me, eyes full of love and excitement.

"Happy," I say, smiling back at him. "How do I do that?" I ask, bringing my hand to his temple.

'Close your eyes, focus on my voice, feel it like you do Ember. There should be a whole bundle available to you now,' he links back.

I close my eyes and focus on him, the bond, his voice... it's almost like a thread, one that when I touch I can even feel it.

'Like this?' I test. He breaks out in a giant grin, his love and pride flood back through the bond as I beam back at him.

'Baby, you're incredible, you make me so happy,' he links back, grinning at me.

'Even when I disobey you and challenge you?' I link back, raising a brow.

"Especially when you challenge me," he says with a chuckle, kissing my forehead.

"I'll be sure to remind you of this moment the next time I do," I scoff.

"Baby, I'm gonna remember this moment for the rest of my life," he replies with such intensity that I blush and hide my face in his chest.

"Me too," I whisper.

"Come on baby, you need to eat, it's past dinner and you haven't eaten all day. You need to refuel after all of this," he says with a playful spank on my ass.

A cross between a gasp and a moan slips past my lips as the sensation shoots straight to my aching core. Chris growls in response, his eyes darkening with lust as he takes in my reaction.

"Keep sounding like that, kitten, and neither of us are leaving this room," he promises. I'm torn, I crave him like I will never get enough, but our earlier exertions have left me delightfully sore. 

"Right," I whisper as I blush before slowly untangling myself from him.

After a quick trip to the bathroom to clean up, I step out, wrapped only in a towel and spot Chris walking out of the closet in just jeans, bare chest on display. He stalks over to me, lifting my chin before kissing me.

"You test me, little one," he mumbles, reaching past me to grab a shirt from the dresser. "Clothes, before I fail," he says patting my bottom, eliciting a breathless moan. He freezes and shakes his head as I scurry off to the closet.

It's hard to ignore the ach between my legs and my ass, but it also makes me smile; I feel well claimed and satisfied. With my accelerated healing I'll be back to normal by morning. I'm feeling warm so decide on a tank top and yoga pants, wanting to give my tender ass some relief.

As I walk out his eyes are locked on me hungrily, more specifically his mark. For all that chirping about clothes he stands there still bare chested and holding his shirt.

"Are you going to put that on? Or just parade around with it?" I tease, raising a brow as I walk up to him.

"I thought I might go down like this, let everyone get a good look at your handiwork," he says with a troublesome smirk. 

Chris lifts my chin, tilting my head to bare my neck to him fully to admire his mark. I shiver in delight when he runs his thumb over it, feeding the hunger in his eyes.

"I can feel you," he whispers in amazement. I bring my hand to my mark on him and he shivers under my touch. I feel his pleasure pulsate through the bond and it brings a smile to my lips. "Let's go," he says with a sigh as he slips the t-shirt on.