14 Home Coming

I woke up wrapped around Chris, feeling better than I can remember in quite some time. He was still sleeping soundly beneath me, with a small smile on his face. 

My memories may still be on the fritze but what I have gained back coupled with Jace and Jude being alive make all the difference in the world. Ethan will be back today too and my family will be whole. Wait, family?

"Morning beautiful," Chris says as he stirs, running a hand up my back against my skin, setting off sparks. My train of thought is completely derailed and onto other ideas now.

"Hi," I answer back with a smile. He runs the back of his hand down my cheek as he gazes at me.

"Someone's in a good mood," he says with a chuckle. I bury my face in his chest to hide my blush. "Did you sleep well?" 

"Very," I answer with a grin.

"Me too," he whispers, lifting my chin as he brings his lips to mine.

His kiss is soft and wakes a fire in me as I lean up to deepen it. I feel the rumble of approval under my fingertips, deep in his chest as he wraps both arms around me.

My heart flutters as his lips skillfully work their way down my jaw eliciting a breathy gasp as he lands on my neck. I moan his name when they land on his mark making my core throb.

He rolls us over and pulls back looking at me with those beautiful hazel eyes for permission. I pull his lips back to mine as I snake my other arm up his back, feeling his muscles flex as he hovers above me.

"Baby, I've missed you so much," he whispers, nuzzling my neck. His breath fanning my neck causes delightful shivers to run down my spine as I squirm beneath him.

His lips are back on mine before I can answer as he settles between my thighs. I shift to accommodate him, feeling his hardened length against my thigh. He growls at the friction, no doubt wanting more.

I feel his hand slip under my shirt to graze my breast before he cups it, giving my nipple a light pinch. The sensation shot straight to my core as I moaned out, tossing my head back.

He shifted and ground his hips against mine, the thin material hid nothing as I felt him straining against my entrance. I slid my hands down his body, slipping my fingers past the waistband.

"Fuck," he growls, annoyed, dropping his forhead onto my shoulder.

"What?" I asked breathlessly. 

"Jace," he growled out, "I swear that fucker knows when I'm getting lucky and waits to interrupt us. He needs a mate already so I can pay him back."

"He can wait?" I ask, raising a brow with a sly smile.

"He can, but you're not going to want to. The rest of the Guardians are here and Eth-"

He didn't even finish before I shoved him off, bouncing straight out of bed and bounding for the door.

"Jess, pants!" Chris yelled, freezing me at the door.

"Shit, right," I blushed, realizing I was about to run out half naked. I changed and came back out, Chris was still sprawled on the bed where I left him. I felt a pang of guilt as I looked at him laying there, I know he's disappointed, I'll make it up to him later.

"Go," he says with a strained chuckle. "I'll be there in a bit."

With his blessing I basically ran downstairs and spotted him instantly through the open door of the private dining room. Without thought I beelined for Ethan, ignoring everyone else.

Someone grabbed my wrist just as I was in arms reach of Ethan and pulled me back. Reflex took over and I twisted my wrist, breaking their grasp, as I grabbed his wrist twisting it back painfully. The Guardian blade was in my hand and at his throat as I pinned him back against the table. He was stunned, brown eyes locked on mine.