20 Idiot

Oh snap! Bonus update!!! Hidden wolf hit 50k reads, thank you so much🥰 if you are enjoying what you're reading PLEASE VOTE. It helps our stories get seen. Thanks guys!

Chris POV

My heart aches for Sara as she runs from the dining hall, though it swells with pride as Jess handles the two guys. Both tower over her but she has them retreating like chihuahuas, tails tucked.

I know nothing of this Bill guy, but I have grown to respect Nex. Kane is an asshole, so to be able to handle him and the job proves his competence. More than that though, I've seen Sara happier with him then I can ever remember. Relationships of any kind are never easy for her, so for her to have let him in, that means something.

Unfortunately I also know the strength of the mate bond pull. One touch had Sara questioning her earlier resolve. I can't blame her, Jess' touch is addictive.

"Jess is right," I say, addressing the two men at the table. "We have to look out for Sara's best interest, and for now that's giving her space. Also," I say, turning to Bill, "consider this your one and only warning, you will never disrespect MY mate, ever again, is that understood."

Bill pales under my threat and nods. There's a stubborn defiance that sets Cyrus off; he thinks his behaviour is justified. The rest of dinner was quiet, with everything else going on, we don't really need this.

"They moved up to my room," Kane says, catching my attention. "Well you guys are in Nex's room, and Nex has been living with her, so she wanted some clarity." 

"Fair enough," I say nodding. Slowly the dining room clears leaving just Nex and Kane with me.

"How is she?" Nex asks, concern clear on his face. 

"She's not talking to me, but she's with Jess and Willow, give her time," I say, offering him a sympathetic smile. He nods and heads out. 

"That fucker just stole his world," Kane says.

"She hasn't decided anything yet," I deflect.

"The fuck she hasn't," Kane scoffs. "Hours ago she said yes to him, now she won't even talk to him," he growls, raising a brow.

"Cut her some slack, she never expected her mate to show up then, if it was tomorrow this probably wouldn't have been an issue. It is what it is and it's her choice," I say with a shrug. Ass has another thing coming if he thinks I'm going to force her hand.

"It's not going to be pretty," he warns. "Nex isn't one to roll over and take things lying down."

"Well I suggest you talk sense into him, she'll never forgive him if he does anything to Bill to force her hand. Sara has never taken well to being forced, it always ends badly, he of all people should know that," I counter.

"Fucking mates," Kane growls as he leaves. 

I make my way upstairs to Kanes room; I have patrol duty but want to check on them before I head out. Her scent hits me before I even knock on the door.

"Come in," Willow calls.

The three of them are curled up on the couch eating junk food and watching a horror movie. Only they would watch a scary movie at times like these.

"Annabelle? Really?" I mumble. Fuck that creepy-ass doll, I'd have built the biggest bonfire and incinerated that thing the moment it showed up!

"I don't know why they didn't just burn it when they found it," Sara replies, stupefied.