Thirty-Sixth

MAX

After letting me change my clothes and wash the blood off of me, I am led back to the surgery room where Mars is still on that table with his stomach all out. I look up at the screen and see what they were talking about regarding the intestines.

"Lord, Lym, you got yourself in a tangled mess, haven't you?" I say mostly to myself. "What do you want me to do?"

"I need you to talk to him and give him directions on how to get out of there. Once he's free, I'm going to give Mars a different serum."

"A different one? I thought you said-"

"Agent Holt, please shut the fuck up." Zylith says angrily and I try not to laugh. "I brought two serums just in case something like this happened. They will both save Mars but one of them would have just allowed him to continue carrying the baby until it was ready, but this one will abort the child."

"Abort? Hell no! Mars would never-"

"Not abortion, abort, as in get it out of there. The baby is causing way too much damage to stay in him. He needs to come out and be taken care of outside of Mars."

"Will that hurt Mars?" Agent Holt asks.

"No, it shouldn't if Max can direct him out of the tangle of intestines."

"Will it hurt Olympus?" I asked, looking up at the screen. "Mars would rather die than us kill his son."

"Like I said, once he is out of harm's way, things will be fine. I wouldn't suggest it if it couldn't be done."

I nodded and walked over to Mar's rotund belly and touched it softly. I felt a ripple under me and I knew the baby knew I was there.

"Hey, Lym... Got yourself into a bit of a situation huh? Listen, I need you to try and get out of there. I know it's going to be scary and I know you're already trying, but I'm going to guide you out, okay? You have to listen to me or Mars dies... Can you show me that you understand?"

I look up at the screen and find Olympus moving his hand. I looked over at Zylith and Agent Holt.

"Okay, show me what to do..."

*************************

It felt like hours upon hours as I directed Olympus out of my best friend's intestines, we were rushed out of there while they performed and emergency C-section on him to get Olympus out. Since Zylith was technically a surgical technician (in Earth terms), she was allowed to stay while I had to be outside. She gave me her cell phone just in case and I was left to myself. It was so strange not to be coughing or feeling weak anymore.

As I waited, the phone rang and I decided to answer it.

"Hello?"

"Who is this?"

"I could ask the same."

"I'm Kasai."

I blinked in confusion and then shook my head. "Oh, I see... This is Max."

There was silence on the other end of the phone. "Dad?"

"Yeah... I guess... Odd feeling, you calling me that and sounding like you do and such..." I said nervously.

I know I've talked to Kasai through my dreams and such, but this was the first time he had ever sounded so clear. It was like he was right next to me... I've never met him before and pretty soon, I think I might and that's kind of scary.

"I'm sorry... I didn't mean to be this way. I really tried not to but..."

"I'm not upset, it's just that I don't think we've ever spoken to each other while I'm awake."