Twentieth

MAX

This was a really bad idea... I knew it was but... I can't go on like this anymore. I'm so tired... I'm just worn out and I want to go home. I want my parents and I want to stop bleeding. I don't care if the Elbaskins take over this whole planet right now...

"Where to?" I heard someone ask.

I looked up at the bus driver as he looked at me calmly. I handed him my ticket and he looked it over, nodding, and handed it back to me. I coughed into my elbow, blood spattering on my arm. I wiped it off and pulled my jacket around me to try and keep warm. My body was freezing due to all the blood I had lost from vomiting, coughing, or whatever else it decided to do. Sometimes I'd pee blood or cry blood... it was annoyingly horrifying. Every once in a while blood would come out of my ears or other places... I was weak, cold, and had a massive migraine that never seemed to leave. I couldn't take anything because it caused blood thinning and David said that would just put me at risk of a heart attack or something like that. Basically, I was miserable and there was nothing that could keep me from staying miserable.

*****************

"Hey, kid. Kid, wake up."

I opened my eyes and found the bus driver looking at me in concern. I looked around for a second and he pointed to his nose.

"You get bad nosebleeds?"

I touched my nose and found blood running out of it and wiped it off. I sniffled a little and looked at the empty bus.

"Where am I?"

"Lynx Mystique... Isn't that where you wanted to go?"

I nodded. "Yeah, just making sure."

I got off of the bus as the cold wind from the mountains blew around me. My jacket wasn't enough and I shivered hard, making me cough into my sleeve again. I had stolen some money from David, so I didn't have enough to get a taxi or anything. I was going to have to find my way to my parents' house on foot, but I needed some sort of direction. I went inside the bus station and went up to the counter.

"Excuse me." The lady turned around. "Are there any maps for Lynx Mystique around? Or could you tell me how to get to this address?"

I handed the sticky note to the lady and she looked at it for a second.

"The maps are over there by the other ones, but don't you have a phone?"

"I left mine..."

"I see. Running away?" she said with a sad smile.

"No; coming home. It's a surprise."

"I see. Well, if you get one of those maps over there, I'll map out the way you should go. I hope everyone will be happy to see you."

"Yeah, me too." I said with a tired laugh.

I went and grabbed a map and the nice lady helped me out.

When she was done, I grabbed the map and headed in the direction she had given me. It didn't look too far but then again, I was walking and it was cold as hell. Lynx Mystique was higher up than Grand Marquis, so the wind was ten times colder and harsher than in Grand Marquis. Hardly having any blood in me wasn't very helpful either but I was determined to get to this house. I would make them see me... I can't keep hoping and praying when my parents have the choice to forget about me. They 'buried' me two years go and have tried to go on with their lives. I've been fucked over more than two lifetimes, waiting to come home and be with them again... I'm not going to let them give up on me that easy. They will face me and tell me face to face what they want.