Fortieth

"Can we go visit Daddy today, Uncle Max?" Olympus asked from the floor.

I was reading a book on the couch and looked at him for a second.

"Sure, why not? Kasai, you want to come?"

"No, I want to watch the rest of this." He said on the other side of the couch.

"Alright then. Tell your Pops that you're still here, okay?" I said, standing up.

"Yup."

I walked past him and kissed his forehead, to which he made a disgusted face and wiped off my kiss. I laughed at him as I went to go get changed. Even though it wasn't as awkward as before, Kasai's mind was still in a weird in between place where it could be childish, teenagery, or adult. It was a roulette every time I saw him. His mind was trying to catch up with his body but sometimes his body would do weird things too. It was a tough time.

I got dressed and then put Olympus in the car with me so that we could go to the facility where Mars was being held. It's been months since I've been without my best friend. It's funny because two years ago I don't think I could have ever survived without Mars being by my side... I texted Zylith to let her know that we were on the way when the phone rang, showing her on caller ID. I swiped the phone on.

"Hey."

"Hey yourself." That was definitely not Zylith. "Miss me?"

"It's you... I mean... is it really you? Like, really really?"

He laughed. "Yeah, it's really me; like, really really."

I grinned. "We're on the way to see you. Do you want to talk to Lym?" I whispered.

"How old is he?" he asked after a few seconds of silence.

"About five or six?"

"I think it would be better to see him first. It'll be a surprised for the both of us."

"Okay then, We'll be there in a minute."

"Alright, I'll see you then."

I hung up the phone and looked at Olympus in the back in his car seat. He looked up at me.

"Was that daddy?"

"No, that was Aunt Zylith." I said, trying to skirt the surprise.

"Aw! I wanna talk to Da----ddy! How come you get to and I don't?" he said, referring to the weird mind thing we have.

"I wish I knew, Lym. Don't worry though, you'll get to talk to him soon enough. I promise."

"Okay... Do you think Destin would wanna play with me?"

"Why do you ask?" I said with a face.

"Cuz she always acts mean to me but I wanna play with her."

"Well, sometimes Destin acts like her daddy and is more mean than what she really is."

"Why?"

"That's a really good question, Olympus. We'll have to ask Mr. Dawaen the next time we see him."

"Can we go see Mr. Kole while we see Daddy?"

"Uh... sure. Why do you want to see him?"

"Cuz he's nice to me."

"We may stop by and see him." I said, debating on whether I should even let Mars know that his kid has been hanging around Kole.

Kole was never mean or anything and A972 never seemed to come out when Olympus was around. Parker was always on the ship and under observations 24/7 and so having Olympus around kind of helped Kole mellow out. He enjoyed seeing him.