Fourth

DAWAEN

I'm not sure how it all happened. The last thing I remembered was Max and Mars getting into a weird argument and then the shuttle started getting hit by asteroids. I tried to gain control of the steering since Mars was busy trying to talk to Max, who was getting hysterical over some sort of issue that I wasn't paying attention to, but I have a feeling that I didn't do it too well.

As my body started to wake up, following my brain, I opened my eyes and found that all I could see was smoke and there was a loud shrill noise permeating the air. I groaned, putting my hand to my head as I sat up, wondering what the hell happened. My vision was kind of wonky as it tried to catch up with my brain as well. I have a massive headache, so that means I probably hit my head on something... I feel something wet on my face and pull my hand down to find blood on it. I blinked, trying to figure out where I was. There was smoke everywhere and when I sat up, getting right into the smoke, I started coughing, making me wince in pain in my chest area. I think I may have broken (or fractured) some ribs...

I waved my hand in front of me, trying to get the smoke out of my face, and grabbed onto the chair beside me to stand. I stood up and wobbled, my legs weak from the concussion I most likely had. I moved around to the front of it and sat down, coughing some more and trying to get a bearing on what's going on. The shrill noise I was hearing was some sort of alarm. I leaned forward and swallowed, coughing again.

"Computer?" I said, seeing if maybe all this was coming from another part of the shuttle.

Nothing answered me and I looked over the control panel. There was a button flashing that indicated smoke and I looked around for a second and found something that looked like a fan. I pressed it and the shrill alarm went off as it was replaced by a loud whirring noise that must have been the fan, kind of like those ones you turn on in the kitchen above the stove. The smoke started to clear and it was getting easier to breathe. I put my elbows on my knees as I massaged my head to try and get rid of the headache. I knew I wasn't going to be able to, but it was a temporary solution.

Soon, the smoke was gone and I looked out the window, except there was no window. I blinked, realizing that there was a gray looking wall blocking the space where the front window would have been. I turned my head a little and leaned over, touching it. It was stone. I thought for a second and then looked around. The whole inside of the shuttle was destroyed, wires hanging everywhere and sparks going off intermittently. Where was everyone? I stood up and walked to the back where the door was supposed to be.

I tried to open it but it was being difficult. I started slamming into it to get it to open and it finally swung open. I went to step out but yelled as I caught myself, almost walking out into mid-air. I breathed heavily, scared that I almost fell to my doom, and cautiously looked out of the door. Apparently, we crashed and the shuttle rocketed through the trees, finally slamming into the cliff-face and settled amongst some of said trees. I looked down but I didn't see any branches that were close enough for me to climb down. I put my hand over my heart, remembering how I almost walked out and fell. I sighed, realizing I may be the only one alive and I was going to have to get myself out of this situation.

*************************

I was gonna try the whole tying the bedsheets together thing but when I tested it, it broke. The only good thing about that was that I got to see how truly high up I was. When the object fell, I heard it hit the ground a couple minutes later, so that meant that I wasn't that far from the ground and that there actually was a ground. Knowing that, I decided to just try and find something that would hold my weight and at least help me get to the next branch. I haven't climb a tree since I was like five but hey, if you want to survive, you re-learn that shit real quick.