Eighth

WARNING!

Slight triggers ahead.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

DAWAEN

I ended up rooming with Kole since they believed that we all are carrying the same spore or whatever they want to call it. Until either Kole's mom or Tyler (my dad -he was such a sucky father that I didn't even call him dad) came and got us, we were stuck in a quarantine room of sorts. Kole was still unconscious and Tyler was too busy to answer the phone about me being alive and in the hospital. Kole's mom's phone kept going to voicemail but they said that they would keep trying her as well as Tyler's.

As I watched said parent on the TV in front of me, I watched as he did the weather looking like he didn't have a missing son. Who was I trying to kid anyway? Tyler Cyrio always looked like he was a bachelor and always acted like a bachelor. The only time he didn't was when he came home and realized that he wasn't a bachelor. He had me, a remnant of a love he thought would last the ages, sitting at home always causing problems. I was an eyesore to him, something he wished he could get rid of... and he often tried to. Any type of dissatisfaction between us ended up with his fist in my face and my face on the floor. That smug smile he portrayed to the audience of Grand Marquis and the other surrounding towns was so fake it hurt. I knew the real Tyler Cyrio...

I knew the real monster inside that man...

"Mr. Cyrio?" I looked over as a nurse stood outside of the doorway. "Um... we have something we need to share with you."

"Why are you standing out there?"

"I was advised not to get near you... the doctor will be in in a moment."

"Have you gotten a hold of anyone at the studio to talk to my dad?"

"The ER nurse said that he was able to get a hold of a secretary at the studio and she would relay the message to your father." She looked up at the TV. "It looks like he's busy at the moment."

I smiled sadly. "Yeah... a good parent would drop everything and come see their missing son... but not dear old dad... He's got the weather to do..."

The nurse nodded and I looked over at Kole, who looked annoyingly peaceful over there all knocked out and unaware of the world. I kind of wish I was in the same position he was in. At least I wouldn't have to watch my annoying father forget about me.

"Mr. Cyrio..." I looked up as the doctor seemed to be trying to stand far away from me. "I have some interesting news. I heard that they haven't been able to get a hold of your father. Is it alright if I just tell you what we've found?"

I made a face. "Obviously whatever it is is weird enough for you to forgo the fact that technically I'm not an adult yet, but I believe I know what it's all about so sure, go ahead."

"I just feel that you might be able to speak to him about this issue better than me."

"You... don't know my father do you?" I said with a sullen laugh. "I don't think you're a real doctor because it seems like you haven't even taken one look at my chart."

"I have..." he said, flipping open my chart. "Multiple visits regarding broken noses and fingers... dislocated ribs and shoulders... We've seen you a lot."

"Then you should know that that's from being abused and if I think you're going to say what I think you're going to say, then do you really think my father is going to give a shit?"

The doctor closed my chart and held it in front of him.

"I'm quite aware of the accusations you've had against your father. Unfortunately, there's not much proof. You've also had a very hard school life, lots of fights..."