Chapter 7: Regret

*34 years later*

(Albert's POV)

"Dad!" I shouted trying to find my dad around the house.

"Dad where are you?" My voice can be heard all around the house.

"I'm here son, in the kitchen" my dad shouted back so I went towards the kitchen.

"Dad did you see my book?" I asked my dad. My grandmother gave me that book before she died so I cherish it so much, but I can't find it anywhere. Our house have it's own small library because my dad is an author, he writes books for liitle kids and books about himself so he collect a lot of books to study. My dad is not only an author, he is also a comedian on television. He is one of the best selling children's book author in our generation so I'm really proud of him, he is also very famous by his charity works and tv projects. My dad is very famous and I like it.

"We have thousands of books in the library Albert" my dad replied.

"I checked it already for the hundreth time, It's not there" I said to my dad getting annoyed.

"What book are you looking for exactly?" My dad asked.

"It's The Macbeth by William Shakespeare" I replied to my dad crossing my arms.

"Oh that old book. It's in the attic. What do you need it for?" My dad asked, but I'm in a hurry to get it so I ran to the attict door.

I opened the door and started coughing. This place is outrageous why would he keep that precious book in here, unbelievable. I started checking every spot when something caught my eye. It's a box clearly different among the other boxes here, it looks like it wss checked every day.

"Regret?" As I read the text written on the box. Out of curiosity I opened it and took a peak.

I found some few stuffs inside it like an old stuffed bear, a bunch of hair clips, and some other girl stuffs.

"Is this mom's?" I asked myself. My mom and dad divorced 8 years ago and I was still a kid back then so it would make sense if this is her stuffs. But something caught my eye, it's beautiful silver necklace with a purple stone as a pendant. As I picked it up I noticed a picture beside it, it's my dad with a girl and both of them looks very happy.

The necklace is beautiful that's why I decided to keep it, of course I'm a nice boy so I'll ask my dad so I can have it, I am planning of giving it to my girlfriend.

"Dad! Dad!" I shouted as I ran back to the kitchen.

"Slow down Albert you keep calling my name did you find it?" My father asked.

"Not yet. But I found something else. I was wondering if I can keep it." I replied as I show the necklace.

"No!" He shouted and took the necklace from my hand harshly.

"Ow what is your problem dad!" I said rubbing my hand.

"Where did you get this?" He asked sounding a bit annoyed with a hint of sorrow.

"I found a box in the attic, it looked different from the other boxes so I took a peak and then I found that." I explained to him.

"You should never open that box ok? That box and everything inside it has to remain there, you understand?" My dad snapped.

"Ok dad geez. But that's all a girl's stuff. Why do you have it? Is it mom's" I asked again, what can I do? I'm a little nosy.

"No. It belongs to someone very special to me and no one must touch it." He replied.

"But why do it says "Regret" on the box?" I asked curious of the story behind that box and the girl in the picture.

"Look son. It's because of the things I should've done in the past that I regret until now, now don't ask about that ever again." My dad said finishing the conversation.

I guess there's more about that box than I think.

(End of POV)