Chapter 17: Right

(David's POV)

I arrived home and didn't bother to park my car. Why would she do that?  We we're both happy, right?

I entered the house and slammed the door behind me. I looked around.

"Why does this house looks so empty! " I screamed and threw the vase near me. I let myself fall on the floor and cried my heart out.

"Dad?! Dad what happened to you? " Albert came down running towards me, I thought he's with his mom.

I wiped my tears and stood up.
"You're here? I thought-" I didn't get to finish when he interrupts.

"Mom went on a sudden business trip. What happened dad? " he said guiding me to sit on the couch.

"Is this about Amethyst? " He asked sitting beside me.

"She-she chose to leave. She said we should move on, what should I do? " I said covering my face, I don't want him to see me like this. I never cried like this before since Kaella's death, even when I got divorced.

"Dad. It's okay. I think she's right" I slowly lift my head up.

"If she was the Kaella you knew before that doesn't change the fact that she's a new person now. " he said trying to make me understand everything she said.

"I don't know what she had told you tonight dad, but whatever it is, she made the right decision to make you move on. " he said not looking at me, he must've felt so pity of me.

"Maybe you're right. Maybe she's right. But how would I start? " I asked him. I look ridiculous, seeking advice to my 13 years old son.

"Start with accepting that she's dead" he replied back looking straight in my eyes.

"I don't know how. " I said standing from the couch, even before when I still haven't met Amethyst, I know I never accepted that she's dead.

"Let her go, distract yourself dad. As I said, she's not Kaella, she's not your girl anymore" he said making sure I heard all of it.

"She was never my girl" I replied laughing at myself. I'm so stupid. She was never my girl, I never got a chance to make her. I sat on the couch again, near Albert.

This time I'll make sure to let her go, and let myself go. We can be happy without each other, I know we can. I guess the heaven have something else for me, maybe I was too blind to see it. I wiped my tears and looked at Albert, my son. If all of this never happened, if she never died Albert wouldn't be here today. He's the only one that I have. I went to him and hugged him as tight as I could, I can't help but cry on his shoulders.

"Thank you son, thank god you're here" I said holding his head.

"Don't mention it dad, I'm always here for you. You know that. " he said hugging me back.

We both pulled back and I wiped my tear for the last time and sniffed all my sorrows.

"What's gonna happen now dad? " he asked wondering about the next step.

"Tomorrow she will leave London and go back to her home, and as for us. We'll be going on a vacation" I said,  I need to get myself distracted when she leaves, and spend more time with my son Albert.

"You sure you're okay dad? " he asked concerned about my state.

"I'm not okay son, but I will" I said patting his back.

"We should go to sleep now, it's been a long night" I said standing up, I still need to clean the mess I made at the house and prepare Amethyst's things for tomorrow.

"Goodnight dad" Albert said walking on the stairs.

"Goodnight son" he's right. They we're both right.