Chapter 14: Watch Out

"You feel okay? " David asked me giving me a glass of cold water.

"Yes, I'm fine don't worry" I said assuring him.

He sighed as he rubbed his temples. He faced Lara who is currently sitting on a chair infront of us, in a safe distance.

"What are you doing here Lara? " he asked in a cold tone.

"Is it wrong to take care of my son? You we're gone for days,  where have you been? " she asked turning the tables around,  she looked at me and she looks like she's throwing daggers at me.

What a lunatic.

"Is that Kaella?  What the he'll is she doing here? I thought she's dead? " she said in a very low voice trying to keep it between her and David.

"It's not Kaella. " David also said in a strong and low voice.

"You need to go, we need to rest" David added whispering.

When will they realize that I can hear them. Oh well might as well break their bubble.

"You know I can hear you both right? You can speak normally" I said giving them a mocking look.

The both of them started coughing awkwardly.

"As I said Lara you need to go." David said in a commanding tone.

"And if I don't want to? " she said mocking him.

"You do remember that you have a restraining order right? You can't get near me" David said fighting her back.

I feel awkward here,  I'm stuck in their personal quarrel. She looked at me and sighed.

"Lara" she gave her hand asking me to shake it.

"Amethyst" I said in return.

"Okay. I'll bring your stuffs in the guest room you can go upstairs anytime you want. It's complete of everything you need so don't worry" he said to me.

As David left, she looked at me and gave me a disgusted look.

"So you're not Kaella. But you look exactly like her. " she said "you both look like garbage" she said giving me a devilish smirk.

"I've been hearing this Kaella girl for a long time now,  and if you say I look like her then she looks beautiful." I said defending myself , I leaned my back against the wall and crossed my arms.
"But I've seen people like you" I said while forming a cheeky smile "People who have garbage coming out of their mouths" I said making her more furious.

"You don't know how to shut that little mouth hole huh? " she said in a low voice between her teeth,  afraid that David might hear her.

"No. And you? " I said mocking her more.

I like placing these kind of people in their places,  I feel like I'm the good guy. A sassy lead character.

"You better watch yourself young lady,  you don't know who I am" she said standing from her seat.

"I know you. You're Lara" I said immitating her action.

"You are the one who should watch out. " I said walking towards her.

"You don't know what I can do" I said glaring at her.

She was out of words si she decided to just walk out of the house. What a relief.

"Did she finally leave? " David asked in assurance.

"Yes. She said she needs to watch herself" I responded giving the most innocent look I have.

"Albert's resting in his room,  I'll introduce you later. You should rest,  I know you're tired" He said guiding me to the guest room. As we arrived I went to the door and opened it,  I turned around and faced him.

"You better watch out Mr. Williams. You brought a tiger in your den" I said in a cold tone which made him swallow his saliva many times.

I gave him a final smirk then slammed the door infront of his face.

Better snap out of it soft guy.