Thirteen

𝑴𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂

"He can be a little mean so I'm giving you a heads up. Just ignore him." I say to Roddy putting on some lip gloss.

I look at him in the mirror and he just shrugs. "It is what it is." He responds. My parents are coming today so I had to warn Roddy about how my dad acts.

I look over to Azalea and she was running around our room with her bear in her arms giggling.

I smile at her as Roddy picks her up and throws her in the air, he catches her and they both laugh loudly.

I walk out of the bedroom and down the stairs to the living room. They follow behind me still laughing and giggling.

"12.22" I say as I look at my Apple Watch. "They should be here soon." I say out loud.

"Alright babe." The pet names were new too. It'll change every now and then, from babe to babygirl.

To be honest it's the 'mamas' that just kills me.

It was cute.

It made me smile.

We still weren't official, I still wanted to take it slow. I was getting there slowly but surely.

Sometimes I'm okay with my dad applying some pressure to the guys I talk to. Other times I hate it because he goes overboard and does too much.

It didn't exactly work with Zakari seeing as he cheated, but moving on.

I've been keeping conversations minimal with my dad since I moved in here. I know what he wants to say isn't going to be positive.

I just have to block it all out until he is ready to be nice. The intercom buzzer goes off so I get up to answer it.

"Remember what I said. I also apologise in advance on behalf of my father." I say to Roddy.

He kisses my cheek and smiles at me. "It's okay don't worry about it." I nod my head and answer the buzzer.

My mom was in the camera, really close to it. "Hola? Lina?" I laugh. "I see you mom. Back up from the camera."

She moves back into her car and I open the gates. I unlock the front door seeing her drive in.

She parks behind Roddy's car and gets out, my dad and siblings following behind her.

"Oh. You brought the whole gang with you huh?" I say laughing. They all come up to me, hugging me one by one. "Come in guys."

I walk into the kitchen, everyone following me behind me. Roddy comes in holding Lea. "Roddy let me introduce you to my very annoying but loving family."

My brother snickers. "You're the only annoying one Malina." I roll my eyes and ignore him.

I look towards Roddy and start to introduce everyone. "You already know my mom Nicole."