Eighteen

𝑹𝒐𝒅𝒅𝒚

"Lea! Come here and wipe your face." I stand in front of her with a baby wipe in my hand and she stares at me.

I reach down to her and she runs off. I sigh rolling my eyes. She just been bad all day. She made a fuss about going to preschool today, so I just kept her home while Malina went to work.

"Azalea come here now!" I yell. She stops running and starts to sniffle. I look at her and she has a frown on her face. She starts to cry loudly as the front door opens.

Lea turns her head towards it seeing Malina. "Mommy!" She cries. Malina puts her bag down and picks her up. "Aw baby what's wrong?" Lea stops crying and just sniffles.

"She won't let me wipe her face." I hand Malina the wipe and she cleans Lea's face with no hassle. I suck my teeth and go to sit on the couch.

"You okay?" Lina asks me. "Man no. Lea has been like this all day. If she not crying she running around." Malina sits next to me and lets out a breath while rubbing Lea's back.

"Baby, you got to remember that she is a toddler. She's at that very active stage. She isn't a baby you can just hold anymore. Lea needs to burn all the extra energy she now has. When she's in class all she does is run around with the kids. It's hard to keep her still just like all the other kids."

She pulls her legs up on the couch and continues to talk. "It's the last of the terrible two's I guess. Babygirl's birthday is in a few weeks." She says tickling Azalea and I smile at them.

"Yeah I know but it's just fucking hard. Parenting is nothing like I expected." Malina raises her eyebrows. "Hmm, it's what you get when you stick your dick up in groupies."

I look at her and clear my throat. "Shit you must be one because I already been in there. You must want Pop to be next right?"

I look away and feel a sting on my cheek. "Bruh, did you just fucking hit me?" She still had one of her hands raised and her other over Azalea's eyes.

"Roddy I don't give a fuck about the jealousy you got towards me and Pop's FRIENDSHIP. You are not gonna call me out of my fucking name. I'm your girlfriend and you are going to respect me. I'm not scared to hit your ass again. Estúpido."

I buck at her and she flinches a little. "You not scared huh?" Malina gets up holding Azalea and walks upstairs to our bedroom.

It probably wasn't the best thing to do or say. I swing my legs up onto the couch and watch TV. It was around an hour later Malina comes downstairs in more comfortable clothes, holding Azalea.

Lina's face was slightly red like she had been crying. I huff sitting up on the couch, I didn't think I had upset her that much.

"You okay?" I ask as she walks to the front door but she ignores me. I couldn't see her as she reached the front door but I hear it open.

"Hey Malina. Come here." A female voice says. It goes silent for a second and then sniffles were heard. I get up and peek around the wall to see a girl, I didn't recognise, hugging Lina.