Twenty-Six

𝑴𝒂𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒂

After I picked up Roddy from jail, he got an earful from Cleo. Which he was not happy about. She really shouldn't have been mad. I mean, yes Roddy got arrested but he actually didn't do anything. This time anyway. If Jaelyn really did do this, I'll make sure I'LL get the battery charge.

We were waiting in a Chick-fil-A drive-thru. I look at Azalea in my rear view mirror. She a little upset because she wanted to sit upfront with me but obviously couldn't. "Stop crying baby. You want chicken nuggets? Huh?" Roddy asks her. "No." She says bluntly.

I turn to her. "You like nuggets, I'll get them for you okay?" Lea sniffles and wipes her eyes. I turn back in my seat driving forward to the second window. Roddy looks at Lea seeing she had gone quiet. "Spoilt ass." He says as I collect the food, making me laugh.

I thank the server and give Roddy the food. I drive home, trying to get there quickly as I didn't want the food to get cold. I unlock the gate and drive in, parking in front of the house. I take the key out and get out of the car. I pick up Lea from her car seat and walk with her to the front door.

I go into the kitchen as Roddy puts the food on the counter. I put Azalea in her highchair and put her food in front of her. She starts to eat as I walk over to Roddy. "How was your time in jail baby?" I ask eating some fries. He looks at me taking a bite out of his sandwich.

He takes his time chewing before answering me. "You just think you're so funny right?" I smile at him. "Fucking hilarious." I respond to him. "It was just like any other time. Smells like shit, niggas acting out and being loud. It never changes." I nod my head and take a sip of my drink.

"So do you really think it was Jaelyn? What are you going to do?" I take a bite of my sandwich and then wipe my mouth with a napkin. "Nothing until I go to court. I know I ain't put my hands on that girl." I sigh. "She better not bring my name into this shit. I'll really take your place right now."

Roddy laughs at me. We stand in the kitchen for a while eating and joking. I clean up the mess in the kitchen as Roddy takes Azalea out of her highchair. She runs off into the living room and into her playpen.

"Those bags are at Cleo's right?" Roddy asks me. I nod my head and rest my arms on his shoulders, he rests his hands on my hips. "Can I ask what's in them?" He moves his head from side to side. "Don't worry about it babygirl. Just as long as they aren't here." We look into each others eyes. I smile lightly as he pulls in his bottom lip.

We stay like this for some time, it was nice. There hasn't been a moment like this since... Since.... I don't think there has been one. We start to sway, although there was no music. "I love this. This feels so special." Roddy whispers to me. I smile wider and put my head on his shoulder. "I know." I say quietly.

We continue swaying and holding each other until the sound of Azalea's running was heard. "Mommy!" I laugh and pull away from Roddy with a kiss. "Yes baby?" I ask her. "Cuddles too please." I pick her up, she sits on my arm and I put my hand on her head as she rests it on my chest.

"You tired Princess?" Roddy asks Azalea. "No dad." She responds. Roddy looks shocked for a second and then pokes her back. "Oh I'm just dad now? You are only 3 not 16. Crazy." I laugh and rock her in my arms. Roddy takes his phone out of his pocket, snapping a picture of me and Lea. He was smiling at the picture for a while.