² ★ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔬 ★

DJ HAD SPENT A LOT OF TIME ON THE ROAD AS OF LATE, BUT UNDER VERY DIFFERENT CIRCUMSTANCES

With her, Dick, and Rachel, it was running from incoming danger and desperately trying to defend themselves against a threat that didn't even make itself known. Long periods of time on the road were spent in mostly silence as each person in the car either sleeping or thinking about how they were going to survive the impending danger looming overhead.

But now, DJ and Gar were screeching along to the song blaring out of the car speakers, horribly (and purposely) out of tune and making the other three in the car cover their ears to block out the noise.

"Here we stand, worlds apart, hearts broken in two, two, two." The two yelled in sync to Journey, proving that they were correct in their earlier assumption they would bond over their shared love of vintage media.

"Sleepless nights, losing ground, I'm reaching for you, you, you."

"Just change the station." Rachel hollered over the overpowered coursing of Seperate Ways by Journey.

"This is a democracy, Rach. We take turns." DJ said with a smirk on her face, granting the others a slight break from the harmonized screeches.

Rachel frowned. "That doesn't even make sense."

"SOMEDAY, LOVE WILL FIND YOU."

"Ugh, somebody shut them the fuck up." Sidney yelled, lightly slamming her head into her seat with her hands firmly over her ears.

"I'm on it." Jason called back, pulling his hands from his ears and leaning forward in the trunk of their car where he sat with DJ.

As quickly as possible, before she could back away, he put one of his hands behind her head and pulled her close enough to connect his lips to hers. DJ abruptly stopped singing as her mouth was put to other uses other than annoying others with her singing. She found that she liked this better than purposely butchering the song, and she kissed back with her hands finding their way to his face.

"That's… not what I meant." Sidney said in disgust, turning down the music to give everybody's ears a break. It was still effective, however, because once DJ stopped singing, Gar found it less fun annoying the others by himself, so he brought his singing to a stop as well. The others in the car gave collective sighs of relief, especially Dick, who was driving and wasn't able to cover his ears.

"Okay, you can stop being disgusting back there." Rachel commented on disgust.

"Don't like it, don't look." Jason said, momentarily breaking away and speaking without taking his eyes off of DJ, who was trying to catch her breath enough to reconnect their lips.

"I got this." Dick said mischievously. He took a moment to make sure they were the only ones on the road. Then, he jerked the steering wheel in a hard right, sending the two who didn't have seatbelts in the trunk, right to the floor.