★ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔴𝔬 ★

STAR CITY

2005

DINAH LAUREL LANCE-QUEEN sighed very warily. Her bones ached, her anxiety was through the roof, but a head of blonde hair fanned over her stomach, and the accompanying body stretched out along the couch, eased her panic.

Ever since their daughter was born, Oliver and Laurel were desperately trying to come up with a new system of patrolling their home, Star City, and parenting little Dinah Queen, who they had nicknamed 'DJ' (Dinah Junior) to avoid confusion. Their solution was suggested to them by their trusted team member, Reneé. They would simply take turns.

It was actually pretty simple, but it wasn't without it's flaws.

One problem with this was that DJ was really more of a daddy's-girl. It was getting to the point where Laurel believed they had chosen the wrong name for their little child. 'Oliver Thea Queen' suited her better than 'Dinah.' But this caused DJ to be better comforted by her dad's presence more, in being tucked in at night, and soothing her back to sleep when she woke up for whatever reason, nightmares to asking for a cup of water.

Laurel wasn't too bothered by it; she chose her own father as her favorite parent herself. But it did cause quite a stir when DJ wouldn't go back to sleep as easily, waking up her mother and, on the less favorable nights, keeping both of the girls awake until Oliver got home. And on the better nights, it would take only a little bit longer to get DJ to sleep peacefully.

But another problem was the worry came with Laurel on those nights she was home with DJ. Perhaps it was foolish of her, God knows her husband can take care of himself, but she didn't like Oliver going out in the city to patrol without her. They had went too long being heroes together, and she feared what would happen if maybe they had gotten a little too used to having each other to rely on.

Stop it, Laurel, the woman thought to herself. He's got the rest of the team.

Laurel sighed and absently ran a hand through her hair. She turned down to smile at DJ, who was wrapped in her comfiest blanket, fixated on the TV screen before her, which was playing Star Wars: A New Hope. DJ absolutely loved Star Wars, and even at the young age of five, she could quote any of the movies, and knew pretty much more about the Star Wars universe than even Cisco.

DJ had particularly taken to the Skywalker twins more than any other characters. Laurel could tell why; she was like a perfect mix of them. DJ, with the same blonde hair, blue eyes, and tanned skin as Luke, also had the same sweet obliviousness but eagerness to learn, and the same impatience, but love of helping others.

But DJ also had a very Leia side to her; a much more sarcastic and ambitious personality. She could be so stubborn and short-tempered, expecting the best out of others, and reacting coldly when exposed to anything else.