² ★ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 ★

"O-O-OKAY, LOGIC-C-CALLY, I KNOW TH-THIS IS A-A-A-A BAD IDEA

"O-O-OKAY, LOGIC-C-CALLY, I KNOW TH-THIS IS A-A-A-A BAD IDEA."

"Great, you finally admitted it."

DJ rolled her eyes and nervously fiddled with her fingers, staring at the half-Kryptonian standing in the middle of the carnival walkway. After Kory had stupidly just yelled his name, he had stopped in his tracks and glared at the group of six. Rachel had already broke off from the group to check on Gar, which was something DJ wanted to do but the others insisted that Rachel could handle it and DJ was needed in helping Conner.

"Okay, even if it's bad, what's your idea, DJ?" Donna asked, also ignoring Roy's snarky comment at his sister. "It's not going to be worse than 'hey, Conner.'"

Kory turned and slightly glared at the Amazonian, who just made a 'you already know' face.

"Oh, th-th-that's debat-at-at-table." DJ said, chuckling even though it wasn't very funny. She was still staring at Conner, a look of fear on her face. Reaching her hand up, she pulled the white bow around her torso off and handed it to Roy.

"What are you doing?" He asked sternly, still taking the weapon from her.

"Mak-ma-k-king a-a-a bad choice. I alr-r-ready t-t-told you." DJ said with a slight smirk at her brother's expression. She undid the straps of her quiver and handed that to Roy, too.

Ignoring his sudden protests to what she was about to do, DJ walked forward down the carnival walkway to where the angry alien was standing. His eyes followed her, only making her more nervous, glaring at her with every step.

She stopped with about a foot of distance between them, a voice in her screaming for her turn and run back to the others. But she never listened to that voice anyway.

"H-h-h-hey, Spaceboy." DJ said, cringing at the shakiness in her voice. "It's-it's m-m-m-me, remember?"

Conner tilted his head, eyes still narrowed in fury. Biting her lip, DJ took a slight step forward. She tried to remember how he always needed her to be calm before he did anything he didn't think he should do. Like with the little bird he learned to not crush under his power, DJ took a deep breath and forced her shoulders to untense a little.

"Hey." She said, much softer this time. "You-you-you know me. Re-re-remem-member? I t-t-t-taught you ho-o-ow t-t-to-to tie y-y-your shoelaces."

Conner froze for a second, making DJ grin with hope, but then it fell right off when he finally attacked. He jumped slightly off the ground and raised his fist. He tried to plant his knuckles on DJ's face, but luckily she moved out of the way before he could. She stepped back, breath coming out in shudders as she stared nervously at her friend.

Please don't use your super speed, please don't use your super speed, DJ thought to herself and she looked warily at the furious alien. His fist fell from the air as he straightened up and walked towards her again. DJ felt like she was petrified, torn between walking forward and seeing what he would do if she just hugged him, and remembering that he was an overpowered and angry alien who didn't remember who she was.