² ★ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 ★

DICK REALLY SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT TWICE BEFORE LEAVING TWO TEENAGERS ALONE

DJ thought this, while rolling across the main room floor on her heely's, a can of whipped cream in her hand, emptying as much of its contents DJ could get.

Livin' on a Prayer was blasting on the large speaker in the seating area, where Gar was eating an entire pepperoni pizza by himself, sitting directly in front of his game console and mumbling to himself about whatever he was playing (and losing at). Krypto was sitting on the couch next to Gar, staring intently at every piece Gar would pick from the pizza box.

DJ and Gar came to a conclusion. Since DJ had just broken up with not only her first boyfriend, but also the person she expected to spend the rest of her life with, and Gar had just been abandoned by one of his best friends, they deserved a break. They weren't sure what to do with the rest of the day, anyway, so just pigging out on junk food and doing whatever the fuck they wanted seemed like a healthy way to cope.

They knew that tomorrow they would have to start actually taking care of their residence, and Conner, and themselves, but for the rest of the day, they were throwing themselves a pity party. And the only guests were themselves, a dog, a fish, and an unconscious, naked alien.

"You-ou know w-what?" DJ asked, spinning around on the solid white wheels of the matching shoes. "Rose d-d-doesn't have even close-se to enough toler-erance-ce or patien-n-nce to handle Jason. The first fight-t-t they get in-into, she'll throw a fu-ucking fit that someone's not-t-t just gonna let her say whatev-ever she wants."

Gar watched his best friend spiral, but didn't judge an ounce. They had been taking turns saying petty things about the people that had left. Mainly Jason and Rachel, but they delved into the others, too. It was just DJ's turn.

"Exactly. And who's gonna calm Rachel down when she loses control of her powers? Not her." Gar said, scoffing and shaking his head in disbelief. "I'm telling you, where would they be without us to weather their fits?"

"Yes." DJ agreed, kicking the wheels of her heely's in and sitting down on the couch. She sighed and grabbed a piece of pizza, ignoring Krypto's begging stare.

"We sound like assholes, don't we?" Gar asked, turning to DJ.

"Comp-p-pletely." DJ agreed. She groaned and kicked off her shoes, laying down on the couch with the pizza laying on her face.

"I'm just saying that it's always us that deals with the anger and the yelling and the clouds of razor blades, and then it's always us that gets thrown aside." Gar ranted, pausing his game and leaning against the back of the couch.

"I'v-ve been deal-l-l-ling with-th this shit since th-the first d-d-d-day I met Ja-ason Todd, and I'm still no-ot used to it-t." DJ grumbled, biting off the edge of the pizza, the only part she could get to.

"If you hated dealing with it so much, why did you?" Gar asked, but not like he was judging her. It was almost sounding like he was asking for advice.