² ★ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔣𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 ★

STAR CITY2004

STAR CITY
2004

The fingers of twelve-year-old Donna Troy worked nimbly through the blonde strands of DJ's hair, the latter fiddling with the white teddy bear she had been given that recent Christmas. The room was peaceful and quiet, a nice break from both of the girls' week. Donna's because the stress of being a sidekick to such a formidable hero as Wonder Woman, DJ's stress coming from learning how to count to 20 in school (she couldn't quite remember what came after 14).

When Diana told Donna that they had business in Star City, she was ecstatic to see the little girl who had become something of a little sister to her. She had always been an only child, and her time on Themyscira had obviously been more of her being the youngest around a bunch of grown women, so she had spent very little time around children.

She couldn't help but treat DJ like she was her little doll. Dressing her up in clothes she liked, doing her hair, showing her music she liked; Diana and Laurel thought it was adorable, and decided that they would try to schedule as much time where the two could see each other as possible.

The braid Donna was doing in the four-year-old's hair was one she was taught on Themyscira. It was a braid used by the Amazons to keep their hair out of their faces in battle, which DJ loved completely. The second she heard about the style, she begged Donna to do her hair like the badass warrior women she heard so many stories about.

"Have you thought of a name for him yet?" Donna asked into the silence, smiling as she worked the silky blonde strands across each other.

DJ looked down at her teddy bear with a dramatic and thoughtful gaze. "Hmmm... no."

Donna chuckled. "No ideas or anything?"

The four-year-old held the bear into the air like she was announcing its birth to the townspeople. "Simba." She said in a dramatic hush.

"The future king." Donna said with a gasp, making the toddler laugh. The twelve-year-old laughed along with her, grinning as she listened to DJ start to hum a made-up song to her teddy bear.

"So how's school?" Donna asked when the laughter faded. DJ sighed heavily in response, her entire body slumping.

"Not good. We're counting." She said with a disgusted shudder. "I hate math."

Donna chuckled. "Everybody does. But you're smart, you'll figure it out. How's things at home?"

DJ shrugged and began to play with her bear again. "Okay, I guess. Mommy and daddy are trying to have a baby."

Donna's dark eyebrows flew up in surprise. She didn't know much about Laurel and Oliver's personal lives, as she always went straight to DJ whenever she visited.

DJ had been something of a miracle baby. Due to the amount of physical trauma Laurel had been through, she didn't think she would ever be able to have children. Doctors had deemed it near impossible. So when she found out that she was pregnant with her daughter, she thought for sure she was going to lose her along the nine months.