² ★ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔰𝔦𝔵 ★

STAR CITY2015

STAR CITY
2015

DINAH QUEEN WASN'T THE BRAINIEST PUPIL TO ATTEND STAR CITY ACADEMY.

Her brain's contents stretched only from the extensive training in fighting, battle tactics, anything needed to protect her in the life DJ chose to pursue, to pointless knowledge about the galaxy far, far away that housed the many adventures in Star Wars she loved to escape in. There were no open spots in the crevices her brain had for math equations or scientific theories.

The storage was taken up by various fictional planets and their occupants, the codes of ancient warrior religions, or the incantations required to cast a spell, or ingredients for potions only mentioned in the Harry Potter books once. Any space that wasn't being occupied with extensive and fantastical universes were filled with pressure points and where to punch when you needed information or where to punch when you didn't want to hurt anyone too badly.

DJ never fretted over the state of her academic success. She didn't care if she was decorated in straight-A's, or class rewards. Moreso because she had the luxury of doing so, as her family was completely loaded and she pretty much had a choice of any school she would want to go to, and a future as the head of the family company.

Not that she even cared about college, or Queen Consolidated. All she wanted to do was protect her home city with her family. Being the CEO of a multi-billion dollar company seemed like nothing in comparison to bringing justice for those who couldn't do it for themselves. The rush of knowing you helped someone in a time of crisis was more worthwhile than anything DJ could buy with money to her.

She still gave school a bit of effort, more because the Queen family reputation needed to stay relatively clean, for the business. She gave what she could while balancing nightly patrols along Star City's streets as the White Arrow. Her parents didn't expect her to push herself over the limit of what she could handle, didn't want her to forgo needed sleep at night just to push herself to learn things she wouldn't use again. So, she didn't. And she was at an average of B's and C's, with the occasional D.

But as DJ looked at her third F of the month, she couldn't help but feel like her parents might be a little less pleased.

She did give the science test some amount of effort. She studied as much as possible, kind of. Maybe. (Maybe she also decided to rewatch the third season of the Clone Wars when she wasn't on patrol. Not that she would willingly admit it.)

DJ sighed and tucked the two, stapled pages into her backpack. On the second F, her parents told her that if she wasn't going to put some effort into school, she could leave her White Arrow suit on the display for the next two weeks. So, DJ was a little bummed. She waited for the bell to ring and release the final class of the school day, pondering on how to convince her parents to allow her another chance at schoolwork before they grounded her.

Around her, the other occupants of seventh period biology talked amongst themselves while waiting for the bell to ring. The teacher was sorting things at her desk, electing to let the students freely speak, as there were only a few minutes left in the class. DJ absently tapped the hard wood of the desk, the only student in the class not enjoying the company of her friends.