★ ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱 ★

"SO LET ME GET THIS RIGHT

"SO LET ME GET THIS RIGHT."

DJ stopped packing and turned to Kory, who was leaning against her motel room wall. She had come in there to tell DJ that Dick had called from a safe-house in Chicago, and he was telling them to meet him there.

"So, we've had to sit in rooms by the fucking headless people." DJ started, referring to the Nuclear Family, who had been discovered with their heads blown off. "And Dick's been in a billionaire's safe-house in Chicago?"

"Pretty much." Kory drawled. "Need any help?"

DJ sighed. "No, this is about it." She closed the lid of her suitcase, zipping it shut.

Kory gestured for the eighteen-year-old to leave the room, and followed her out, closing the door behind them.

They went out to the parking lot, Rachel and Gar waiting for them in the car. DJ hopped in the passenger seat, putting her backpack, suitcase, and White Arrow case down by her feet. She had already called and updated her parents on the events of the previous night, and Laurel and Oliver were thrilled to hear that the Nuclear Family wasn't going to be a problem anymore.

"Hey, DJ." Gar said from the seat behind her.

"Yeah?"

"Do you want to play a game?" He asked excitedly.

DJ grinned and turned around in her seat. "Fuck yes."

"Okay, so," Gar started, moving over so he could face DJ better. "Get out your phone."

DJ complied, pulling her phone out of her jacket pocket.

"I saw this the other day." Gar explained. "They made Mario Kart into an app."

"No fucking way." DJ said, pulling up the app store and typing it in. Just like Gar said, Mario Kart was a downloadable game.

"I bet I can kick your ass." Gar said with a smirk. "In the game, I mean. Not in real life."

DJ smirked. "You're fucking on."

They started up their games, changed their character names and spent the next half an hour on the road yelling and cussing at each other and the game. Eventually, both Kory and Rachel knew what they had to do to make them shut the fuck up and give them a second of peace. Kory snatched DJ's phone from her hands, Rachel doing the same with Gar's phone.

"Rude." DJ said in an offended tone.

"Yeah, fun-suckers." Gar said dramatically.

"You can have these back when we get to the safe house." Kory said, ignoring their whining.

DJ sighed and crossed her arms, leaning back against the seat with her gaze out the window. Gar, however, was convinced he had a brilliant idea, and leaned forward. "Hey, DJ." He said mischievously.